When we were in Cairo in April, we found this little restaurant near our hotel that we just loved... Jaffries. It just served regular sandwiches and salads, which was nice in a sea of Egyptian cuisine. We went there again and again to share an amazing chocolate brownie with ice cream and hot fudge on top. One of the last days we were there, I ordered a mint lemonade that was one of the most refreshing drinks I've had in a long time. I've been dreaming of it ever since. So, yesterday I got a bunch of fresh mint and lemons at the grocery store and attempted to re-create this drink. I'm not there yet -- not minty enough. But it was really nice last night to have a fresh lemonade with just that hint of mint. Once I get it right, I might post the recipe, if anyone's interested? (ps. I totally smoked our blender in the process. sad, but worth it if I can get this right in the end, right?)
1 comment:
Even though your 'mint lemonade' wasn't quite 'minty' enough for your liking, I must say your "presentation" of the delicacy was very well done! It looks refreshing and inviting and I sincerely look forward to the recipe when it's perfected! Love, Mom
Post a Comment