We went to the park yesterday for our "bank holiday" (supposed to be a 3-day weekend, but Brian had to work the entire time, poor guy). We played at the park, ran through the fountains, and got ice cream at McDonalds. A fun day...
Spencer was exhausted by the end, as you can imagine...
One cute story, before I close... Last night before Samantha went to bed, we painted her fingernails as a special treat. She also wanted her toes painted but I told her maybe another day. So, tonight after three songs, a roll-around-on-the-bed prayer, kisses and hugs, a drink, a new CD of bedtime hits, I hit the light switch and started to close the door.
"Mamma!" she called out frantically.
"What is it, Sammie?" I answered, waiting for yet one more request.
"Ummm... Paint Sammie's toes??"
Can you believe, she was in complete shock that I denied her on that one! Tears and sobs for another 5 minutes after I shut the door, poor deprived little angel girl. Oh well.
8 comments:
What cute pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to post them, my dear. Your day at the park sounds like a nice FUN one--but you didn't mention that you had to do it all ALONE with your two little kiddies. Now that I'm fully aware of what EFFORT you had to put forth to do that, it makes it all the more meaningful to me to hear that you spent the day at the park.
Since we've been back from London, your dad and I keep talking about how AMAZING it is that you go and do all the things that you do---now that we saw what all you have to go through just to GO anywhere! We think you're GREAT, Kam!! (and we feel really bad that poor Brian is getting WORKED to death like he is!!) Love, Mom
Thanks for updating so much! I love knowing all the details of the things you do with your kids. A day at the park sounds like a ton of fun, but lots of work with 2 kids. You amaze me with all that you accomplish.
I love the squishy-faced sleeping picture. :D He is adorable~!~ I love the updates!
It's been great getting more frequent posts from you guys! I like your music too. We've got the same musical taste.
Kamber,
Why am I not surprised to see Sammie in curlers? That brings back a lot of memories! You even had me wearing them in high school! I wanted curly hair too!
I thought Kerri got my blog through yours! I can't believe she had mine before yours! This is new. You were in Salt Lake! I think she is a blog spy. I need to find out how she found me. I am so glad she is a blogger too!
Love the scrunched up face, sleeping picture of Spencer. What a cute, cuddly baby. I also love the story of putting Samantha to bed. Hilarious.
Kamber, what park is that?!! It resembles Child's Hill, but the fence wasn't there... where is this one?
Do you guys have a move date? Joyce said earlier that there's a great exodus from London North this summer... who all is leaving?
Would love to see you guys if you swing a layover in DC!
Wow guys! I got the package yesterday and LOVED it! That was so nice of you and meant a lot to me. Thanks a million. Love you all.
Post a Comment