Finally! A few minutes of time with a speedy internet connection. This will be short, and no pictures. But I had to write a quick hello to let the world know... WE ARE IN IDAHO! yay!!
We made it safely home, and have continued flying by the seat of our pants ever since.
What's keeping us busy? Well, here's the quick list:
-- We stopped in San Diego on our way home for a quick overnight stay with our friends Rob and Anne. That was great -- a nice rest-up and a visit to the zoo before we flew on home.
-- For the past two weeks, we've been staying with Brian's parents, who have been sooo wonderful to put us up while we got things ready to move into our new house.
-- We had a Bishop family reunion the first weekend we were back, including tickets to a real rodeo, swimming at a hot springs pool, and DELICIOUS food and great company for three days running.
-- I had a great birthday this year. We went to church with Brian's parents, then had ice cream and a gorgeous chocolate cake made by Brian. Then I drove to see my family for a few days, taking Sammie and Spencer. (Brian went camping with his brothers.) As a special present this year, Brian paid for a massage and pedicure for me. What a treat!! I highly recommend it!
-- Amid all the busy family time, we have been spending $$$ like crazy, trying to get our house livable. Big purchases so far include: washer and dryer set, fridge and freezer, bed and box spring, and a new car!
-- That's right, we finally decided on a car earlier this week -- a Toyota Sienna minivan. I know, I don't look like the minivan type. Believe me, this is an adjustment. I've been promised I will love it. Those of you who promised better have some kind of guarantee, just in case. ;)
-- So, tonight most of my family is coming to spend the night at our new house, on the way to a Hone Family reunion at the Oregon coast. Does the fun ever end?! I imagine eventually we'll settle down and start living normally... but not yet!
Stay tuned for pictures, once we finally get internet and phone service at our new place.
7 comments:
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I wanted to call you but had no clue where you were, or if you have the same number! Now I at least know where you are, and now I can keep stalking you! HeHeHe! I am glad you are doing good!
Wow! you did the minivan. Congrats! We could not bring ourselves to do that yet. We got a black Nissan Altima with leather interior. We wanted to be cool as long as possible (or at least think we were)... Let me know how the minivan goes. That would be an adjustment but think of it this way, at least you don't have to drive it on the narrow streets of London!!!
I'm so glad you made it safe. Have fun spending all that money!! :) Love ya!
It's so great to hear that you're in ID safe and sound! Congrats on the minivan. I imagine we'll be headed there someday soon, too.
It's been so good to see you guys! We're so excited to have you close!
I am so glad you are home. I am sorry we did not get to come and see you. We stayed in Rupert/Boise longer than we originally planned and when I got back to Blackfoot, you were gone.
I can't wait to see pictures of your house all moved in
Kerri
Here's a little comment from your Mom.....I'm DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU LIVING SO CLOSE TO US, MY DEAR!! (Five hours drive didn't used to seem very "close", but wow--it sure beats a 13 hour flight to London!!!!)
We just got back from being with you and your family and all your brothers' families at the Oregon Coast on our Hone Family Reunion, and we had such a wonderful time, didn't we!! I'm so glad we got to stop and stay with you, and I must say---I'm THRILLED with your nice big new home! You're not going to know what to do with all that space!! Good luck in your continuing quest of trying to "fill it up". Lot's of Love to you all, Mom
Post a Comment