Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oregon Coast Reunion Trip

The first week of August we spent with my family in a gorgeous five-bedroom house on the Oregon Coast (in Newport, to be exact). It was fabulous! We had such a great time just being together. The house was the perfect vacation house, with plenty of room for all the kids, and so close to a private beach.

We spent most of the time just visiting, playing games, watching movies, eating good food, seeing the sites, and playing on the beach. Good times that will speak for themselves in the pictures below...







I have to admit, it was COLD on this trip. We kept jacket on, sometimes even in the house, and almost always when we went out. Darnit. But the beach was beautiful, and the company was perfect.






Brian and I took a little day trip up to Astoria to meet with our Randilicious, and her friend Rebecca. It was great to see our dear Randi again, and her timely blog entry tells more of the fun details, if you have time for a side trip.

We went over the Astoria bridge into Washington. Very cool bridge. I took a video, but a picture will have to do for tonight...
My favorite beach -- Ecola State Park, near Cannon Beach. It really is one of my very favorite places in the entire world, and the pictures do not do it justice at all! I think it even ties with Walden Pond for favorites, I'm serious. I could write a whole separate blog about why I love it so much, but not today.


Some cute pictures of the cousins together. I tried to get single shots of each of them, but missed a few, I think...











What a fun trip, BIG thanks to my great parents for planning it and making it happen! Brian pointed out, our time in London was bookended by two trips to the Oregon Coast with my family. Our last time being there was in 2004, just weeks before we moved to the UK.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

That trip looks like it was so much fun! You got some great photos there too.

amber and james said...

Kamber, this is so cool! Last month James and I were totally planning on moving towards the Oregon coast! I was excited, but worried I might hate the weather. We have since decided to stay here, and now I see the pictures of the weather on the beach, I think we made the right choice. It is gorgeous, but I need the sunshine! I am happy to see pics. of your family, I feel like they are my family too! I hope you are doing well. And...yes I had ice cream at the red barn, but I didn't eat a tiger ear! I watched the Zipper, but couldn't go on it dangit! Maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

Kam. I loved looking at this post. It was so much fun to see all of your family, especially all of those little nieces and nephews. Wow. There are so many. And the ones I knew are so big. Amazing. I have to say how absolutely gorgeous I think Trent and Melissa's daughter is. Those eyes! She is stunning.

It looks like so much fun to just be hanging out on the beach with all the fam. I'm glad you all had such a fun time. I even love the coast when it's chilly and cloudy. Mmmmm . . . so nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kam--These pictures are FANTASTIC!! How WONDERFUL that you took the time to post them here!! I printed them off and took them over for Grandma to see, but they're not as magnificent with my little color printer as they are on the screen. WOW--I just LOVE them!! Thanks for taking the time to put them up here like this.

Our family had such a GOOD, GOOD time there on that Family Reunion, didn't we??!! Isn't it amazing how we ALL love the Oregon Coast so much?? I love that picture you took of everyone lounging around in the Great Room there. I loved the way you all played games together and everyone got along SO WELL!!

Arent' our "little ones" darling?? Cute little Sammie--freezing to death in her towel, and precious little Spencer with that winning little smile! All the kids look SO CUTE! Ryan's missing teeth are ..... hmmmmm ....(I can't think of an appropriate word to describe that little look....) And Trent and Melissa's little family on the crabbing dock look so sweet, don't they! You got a good shot of Lance carrying me across the icy water on that cold day...wasn't that SOMETHING?! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing these pictures like this. I can't wait to get REAL copies of 'em! Love, Mom