Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Visit from Wade

My brother Wade came for a fun visit last week, just in time to help us celebrate Sammie's birthday! (She definitely thought his entire visit was dedicated to that very purpose!) He stayed a few days and we thoroughly enjoyed having him around, though we didn't take too many pictures.

We took a little day trip up to Bogus Basin -- just about an hour out of Boise. It was really a pretty view, more than 6000 ft high, overlooking the entire valley. We took some fun pictures of each other and the view...


Wade's camera got MUCH better pictures than ours, but I forgot to ask him to download them to our computer, so you're stuck with the best of our camera -- not great but it gives you an idea what it was sort of like...
We also had a fun outing to Carl's Jr., which Sammie REALLY appreciated! It was one of her birthday presents -- something she had been asking for all week. No pictures of that, because we don't want people to think we're totally obsessed with Carl's Jr. (even if it's true that Sammie IS!)

After the kids were in bed each night, we thoroughly enjoyed playing some fun games together. Wade introduced us to Ingenious! and we had some nice rounds of Settlers of Catan. Good times!
Samantha was enthralled with Uncle Wade and loved following him around, asking what he was doing every two minutes. She especially loved the fun Birthday princess presents he got for her... he is definitely a favorite now! :) Come again soon, Wade!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kam--what nice pictures! It's good to see what a great way you celebrated Sammie's birthday--even going to Carl's Junior!! I'm glad Wade was able to be there and help you all have the fun time you had.

Did you see how warmly dressed you all were and how that silly Brian still insisted on NOT wearing a coat??? He keeps me worried for his health!! but I guess he'll live. Oh well...... Thanks for posting. Love, Mom

Lhone said...

Sounds fun. We love when Wade comes around too. So fun!

Mel said...

How fun. Uncle Wade is a favorite at our house also. The kids jost love him.

Brian Bishop said...

Yeah, the coatless Brian now has a sore throat. hmmm....

Randi said...

Hey Wade--my birthday is in September, and I like the fried zucchini sticks at Carl's Jr. Just so you know.

Wade Hone said...

I had a blast! it was really fun to be at Brian and Kamber's house, that Samantha is so full of life and energy such a joy to be around, and what an awesome kid that Spencer is! I know he's not feeling 100%, but he was just so pleasant to be around. Spencer's Smiles brighten the whole room.

I found that I was rusty in my 'Katan' skills - but loved playing, I had a blast even when losing.

I'm a Carl's Jr's Fan too - and Randi, I'll get the Fried Zucchini sticks, as long as I can snarf down their 'horrible for you, yet delicious, chocolate calori bomb cakes.' yum yum.

Wade -out. ( I have such awesome Nephew's n Nieces!)