Sunday, April 05, 2009

trying to make a comeback

Once you stop blogging, man, it's soooo hard to start again. I think this may be a false start, as I only have about 5 mins before our goal bedtime. But it's at least SOMETHING, as opposed to the many NOTHINGS I've been NOT writing the past few weeks. Our latest quick list:
-- we bought a new camera, a Canon Elph. we love it. we hope we don't lose it as quickly as the last three.
-- we celebrated my mom's and grandma's birthdays, and I made a most amazing lasagna.
-- I started taking a yoga class 2-3 times a week. Three weeks in, and my abs are still sore, not to mention my legs and arms. Tomorrow I'm trying pilates, just to spice things up a bit.
-- Spencer started using consonants... ba, da, ka, ga. This is big new, in the speech department.
-- He also stood up by himself three times yesterday, and once today. I feel walking is on the way (fingers crossed for this timid little guy!)
-- We're planting a family garden at Brian's parents' house this year. This means I get to be out in the sun, in the country, in the dirt. These are all good things, trust me.

I'm sure there's more to say, but I'm out of time, unfortunately. So, I'll leave you with a few lovely pictures from today and yesterday. Nothing like an Idaho Sunset, for me.

A strange butte (below), called Lizard Rock, because it looks like a lizard, climbing up the hillside. This is about 20 mins drive from our house. I love it.
Sunset at Lake Lowell, about 10 mins from our house.
Bridge on the Snake River, in Marsing.

Drain ditch on the farm at Brian's parents, at sunset.
Across the street from Brian's parents, the little private pond of their neighbor who has yet to build anything on his lovely little plot...
Watching conference at Grandma's.

Smiling, striking a pose for the camera. He loves the attention!
Sammie helping Grandma and Grandpa in the garden.
Yes, I'm verrrrry happy it's finally spring here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIS-
wHAT TIME IS BEDTIME? I HOPE YOU'RE DOING GOOD. DID YOU EVER CHECK OUT THAT WW BLOG? CALL ME SOMETIME.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK
P

Karen said...

Great to hear from you again this way, Kam! Wade came in to our computer and brought up your blog this morning and said--"Hey--Kam has finally WRITTEN again!!" Then he read your blog and left it up for ME to read. We're excited to see you're 'back in the groove'!

Your springtime excitement is contagious! We're having a gorgeous sunshiny day HERE today, too, so I'm getting a feel for your enthusiasm. Four darling little red-headed tiny birds are hopping around under the trees outside my window right now--pecking at the pinecones. (Yes, I know I said 'little' and 'tiny', but they're really SMALL!) :)

Anyway--I'm glad Sammie gets to do so much with Grandma Susan---but I'm a just a bit Envious!! :) That "shared garden" looks FUN! Thanks for the up-date. Love, Mom

Lhone said...

It does look like a lizard! Crazy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ManicMandee said...

Huh?^^^^
Nice update. I've been blogged out lately. I am wondering if I'll get it back.

Wade Hone said...

Yippy Kambers Back! (sort of!) it's been far too long between news stuffs sister kamber.

I think I read some where that you were taking a week or so off from the interwebs... how'd that go? any new and amazing life changing events take place during your absence?

well, know that we missed ya!

wade -out.

Travis and Heather said...

Hey KAm, I haven't forgotten that I owe you somethin. I have it for you, but unfortuneately it is not mailable. I was wondering when you were gonna be around here so that I could get it to you. Let me know!