I wasn't going to write about this, but since my mom mentioned it, I'll tell... My dad has two kidney stones that are too large to pass. He has been in excruciating pain since last Monday night. NO, NOT day before yesterday, but a WEEK from then. He has been on severe pain medicine -- oxycodone, or something like that, even a double dose. The doctors can't blast the stones until he's been off blood thinner (asparin) for at least a week, so his surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday). In the meantime, he just went into the hospital this morning because he's been in so much pain through last night. They're going to give him pain medicine through an IV drip and monitor his digistive system (no real BM all this time), until the surgery.
I'm really worried about him. Please pray for him.
UPDATE -- Sunday, May 10
My dad is home from the hospital and on the road to recovery now, thank goodness! He's had a tough go of it, and still has a long ways to go, but he's doing much better. I hope to see him again sometime this week if he's up to it.
4 comments:
Oh the poor guy!!!! Prayers going his way.
That is awful, I am so sorry! Uncle Brent was over last night visiting and told us about it, so we are all praying for him. I can't imagine the pain he's going through. Hopefully after tomorrow he will be pain free and heal well. I'm sorry he has to go through that! I love your dad!! I'm praying for him, and letting all I can know to do the same. Love you too...!!
we're praying A LOT. Glad he's had some relief today.
Kam,
wow, thanks for all the recent posting! I recently stopped by for a wonderful surprise to see all the great write ups and pictures!
it's Saturday now, and I just spoke with Mom, they are just now leaving the hospital, and the Dr. says that Dad should be fine as soon as the fragments drain out.
I'm sire mom spoke with you and updated you, but I figured I'd leave a comment here in case anyone else reading checked to see if there was an update.
Post a Comment