Sunday, June 07, 2009

Cute! Cute! Cute!

I've been meaning to post a welcome message to our new little niece, Aftyn Kay. She was born just before Memorial Day, and is soooo very cute and sweet! We all converged on the new parents and baby at the hospital the day after she was born. Those are the only pictures I've been able to take of her, though I'm sure if you check Reed and Alysa's blog you'll see many more samples of how adorable this girl is. 
She has sooo much dark hair, and those cheeks are not quite so full now (you know how the day-old pictures look a little different?). She's a very alert little girl when she's awake, and a very peaceful sleeper -- at least most of the times I've been around her so far! I love that the proud new parents let everyone pass their hours-old baby around (as long as we all washed our hands, of course!)
I took pictures of each kid having his/her turn. Below, Samantha and Aftyn, with help from Aunt Dalana...
Seth and Aftyn...
Ella and Aftyn (don't you just love Ella's cute headband?!)
John and Aftyn, John got the longest turn, no fair! ha! ...
Cooper and Aftyn (Coop asked to see his picture, to make sure his smile was okay... he's getting old enough to start caring about these things!)
All of us, converging at once... 
Poor Brian didn't get to go in because he had a bad cold. So he held OUR baby (who is NOT a BABY at ALL after holding that tiny newborn) in the waiting room.
Spence was just too rowdy and really didn't care to much about seeing that baby right then anyway. (Check out those nice molars in the back!)
One more picture of the cute new little family! We're very excited to finally meet little Aftyn!

4 comments:

Wade Hone said...

hehe Sammy and Spencer are so cute in those picks! ... am I a little bias ? hmmmmm....

Karen said...

How beautiful that little baby Aftyn girl is!! My goodness--she's got SO MUCH HAIR!!! And I really like the way they spell her name!!

(Our Spencer boy is a little doll, TOO!) Good to hear from you! Love, Mom

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I forgot you had taken pictures - what a nice surprise! Very cute - and yes, I am biased. :)

Wade Hone said...

Aftyn Kay is a cute one for sure!! Say Kam, you left a comment over on my blog wanting to see the pics I took at memorial day etc.

I finaly got them posted to Flickr, and you can see the slide shows from my blog - Wade's Blog