Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Life's going on, as expected

Thought I'd post a few fun pictures and tell some of our happenings, while I've got a few minutes. We're doing good, just enjoying the weather and the family time.

Brian and his brothers are doing a fun little side business this summer -- Hawaiian Shave Ice stand! Yum!! They've been working really hard in their spare time, BUILDING their own shack and getting everything ready to open...
Once there are "finished" photos, I'll be sure to add them (hopefully later this week), but these few are from the in-progress photo shoot from last week. For those interested in a tasty treat, come on up for a visit and we'll throw in a shaved ice or two!
Since Brian and his bros are working at their parents' house, we've been able to spend a lot of fun time over at Grandma and Grandpa's house lately. Always a party, for sure! Some shots of the kids on the swings at Grandma's...

We've also had lots of fun times with the cousins, as we've all been part of the "construction" project these past couple of weeks. Sam can't get enough of Ella and Seth! She cries when we have to go home, and is THRILLED when we tell her we'll probably see them again at Grandma's tomorrow.In other news, Spencer is definitely walking. He has been for a few weeks now, and it's WONDERFUL! I'm not one of those moms who doesn't want my baby to walk. He's toooo HEAVY, man! I've been just WAITING for him to take off. And he finally has. I've been trying to load some of the cute videos of him walking (tried several different times of the past weeks), but something must be wrong with our "upload" capacity or something. No dice. So, here's the best you get....
And, here's the proud little man, giving us his pleased-as-punch smile after walking across the room...
Not to be outdone by Spencer's new tricks, Samantha has taken up painting, coloring and drawing with a serious passion for it! She LOVES to have paper and pencil/crayon/paintbrush/marker in hand. Here's her latest portrait. "It's you, Mom! See. Can't you see your hair? In a ponytail?" Pretty good, eh?
As for me, well, I mopped my kitchen floor tonight. Kudos to me for that (it's a BIG job, hands-and-knees, etc.) Also, I'm going to sew my first quilt. As soon as I get off the computer. Seriously, our humanitarian specialist at church asked me if I have a sewing machine and can sew. Yes and yes. She then handed me a bag with 80+ quilt squares and asked me to put them together by June 14. Wow. I've never quilted before. Ever. But I'm going to give it a shot! I laid out the squares in the pattern I made up on Sunday night. If it looks this good when I'm done, I'll be thrilled.All for tonight, I think. Bye for now!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Good Post, Kam. It's nice to see that "Life Goes On..." at the Bishop's home. Little Spencer looks SO PROUD of his great accomplishment of walking on his own two feet....Isn't he a DOLL?? And I must say---if your quilt top looks as good SEWED as it does just laying out on the floor---we're gonna have to, for sure, "Pat you on the back!!" Thanks for keeping us clued in as to your day-to-day life!! Love, Mom

Mel said...

Spencer is such a cutie. And I'm with you on the walking. My kids got way too heavy also. I'm fine if they wait a bit to crawl, but once they are mobile it doesn't really matter how they get around. So not carrying them is a good thing.
And good luck with the quilt, I really like how you laid it out.

Wade Hone said...

Fun stuff! that circle that Sammy Drew for your head in the etch a sketch is a really good circle, it's about perfectly round - quite impressive.

Lhone said...

I'd say I don't like carrying heavy kids, but Bryson??? Seriously? I think I'm lazy...

Cute quilt. I actually really like quilting. Its mindless, but with great results. Have fun.

Russ said...

Wow! They are really doing that snow shack. Good for them, I can't wait to try it :) And I love the pony tail picture of you. That is too cute! Wade was right, it IS a good circle. And Quilting. Wow. That is great! I've never done it either, not sure I could. Well, not sure I could do it well! Yes let's get together. Brecken has swim lessons starting next week for two weeks Mon- Thurs, but not til three. Other than that We're free! Brecken misses little Sammy (so she says... probably misses bossing her around, the little smarty... sammy is so sweet!!!!)

Serenity said...

Oh, and I hope you realized that Russ is really Reni :)