But also, it's where the biggest, fluffiest tiger ears in the world are made, not to mention the BEST homemade ice cream cones stacked three and four scoops high. It's where my best friend Amber actually touched Randy Travis' hand at a concert when she was 16. It's where I first encountered the fabulous turn-your-stomach carnival ride called The Zipper. It's where I entered -- and modeled!-- my own sewing project at age 12, a peach jumper with matching peach and white tee-shirt. Ahh... the memories.
15. Harvard YardSo, anyway, I'm choosing this famous world-class state fair as the place to enter my very first photos... cash prizes for the winners, can you imagine?! Anyway, I need some help choosing from some of my favorites, so I'm putting it up for a vote. Below, you will find some of my very own artsy pictures, each with a title and a number. I'm welcoming comments and even criticism, if you're tactful, of course! Mainly, I want to know the top three photos I should enter at the fair. There are several different categories, so my "themes" vary. Ready? Here we go, in no particular order (and no laughing at my cheesy names!)...
16. Temple Columns
21. Hello, Grandma?
24. BT2

11 comments:
oooooh, very nice, Kam! Here are my votes:
2
17
15
in that order. Good luck!
Very nice. One thing that I have noticed is that the ones that are win are the scenery ones that are different. And if there IS a person in it,it tells a story without knowing anything about when it was taken, and they especially like children. So based on that, here are my choices and why.
16 Temple Columns are something that people from Blackfoot don't see everyday
17-Need I explain?!? Very cool pic, if you only were entering one, this would be my choice.
20-Everyone knows how much little girls love to talk on the phone and the look on her face is just precious.
I know, I konw, you said three, but I had four favorites.
23-Pure Joy! That's all I have to say!
Good luck.
Kamber!
15 LOVE this one. LOVE IT.
17 (very cool... although this kind of picture is done often. maybe you wouldn't stand out as much?)
23
or the alhambra. love that one too!
I love your scenic shots and would choose one of those as well... but I think they would be much more visually interesting if they followed the "rule of thirds" more. I'm not a die-hard rule of thirds fan, but it does make better composition a lot of the time. My favorite "scenery" is the spout one or the lavender's one. I think the lavenders one would be TOTALLY cool with a little photoshop, ... playing with some layers to make the bee pop more.
Love the pics!
2, 17, 18. But, Brandon's always going to be the cutest! What cute pictures! Good luck, I love the fair, no matter where I live, but I even love the blackfoot fair.
I think 16, 17, and 20. It is fun to do this--I've done the Western Idaho Fair a couple of times; now I'm over here and I haven't gotten my act together yet. I think we are going to go though--I'll be on the lookout for your pics!
wow! Thanks for all the speedy feedback, everybody! I know about the "rule of thirds" but I'm not very good at following it. Anyway, I really appreciate the comments. I'll tell you, I'm leaning toward 17 right now, not sure if I can enter more than one. I'm getting copies printed of several today, and will see how they look "in print."
Kam, I looked at this beautiful selection of your wonderful pictures yesterday, but had no time to comment. My selections are not going to be very artistically helpful to you, I fear, but...My choices include:
22--"Redhead Bedhead" -- It has been one of my FAVORITES of all your pictures for a long time. I think it would bring "ooh's and ahh's" at the fair, (but maybe not win a ribbon...)
20--'Personal Call' is darling and may win recognition because it's in that funny color (??! :) but I like the 'Hello Grandma?' one better because--blown up--it shows her lovely soft skin, blue eyes and gorgeous reds of her hair.
I love 23 and 24, too--BT is darling (but as you know--I don't care for Black and White!) :)
And I actually think #10--IceBox Bandit would maybe be a "hit" with the public because the look on his face is just priceless--and the food in the fridge looks very FAMILIAR to everyone...
(See why my choices aren't extremely valuable to you in your decision-making? THis Grandma is a bit BIASED!!)
But if you want what I think is "ribbon winning material"--I'll vote for #18 And I'd call it "Reflections of Alhambra",
#15 "Through Harvard's Window", and #9 "Lavendar's Blue"---and then maybe #17 "Volcanic Lake". (Oh, and I think you can enter several. Mounting 'em is the hard part!) Good Luck!! Love, Mom
Okay, here are my top picks. I love a lot of them - I really love artsy pictures, especially with kids!
Definitely 20
I love 17
I really love the contrasts and colors of 1
My two favorite are
6
20
Good luck..
I love From the Spout, Zebrafly and Temple Columns!!
#2, 20 and 23....... I like the spout one sooooo much!!! I want to come to the fair, we might try to make it down this year. Is it over Labor Day weekend? Love you Kam
Post a Comment