Monday, August 31, 2009

Prelim Results

Hey y'all. Thanks for all the feedback on my photos. I really appreciate everyones' comments. I ended up submitting seven different pictures... The water spout one, the red tulip field (my personal favorite), the lavendar field, Sam on the phone, Alhambra palace, Egyptian temple columns, and another one that I forgot to post -- a cathedral in Guatemala. I also had the volcanic lake picture ready, but it got something on it at the last minute, so I couldn't submit it. Rats! oh, and I blew up the Harvard Yard picture, too, but I need to go back and find the negative, because it was an old one, and the scan was a little blurry as an 11x14.

Anyway, it was fun to put it together, and do something exciting with my little hobby for a change. When I went to turn them in, I got a little bashful, seeing everyone else's VERY professional-looking works. I started biting my nails (always a bad sign) and got really impatient in the line -- almost left, even. Weird, huh? I heard three other people in front of me tell the volunteer picture people (the ones who were accepting the photos and organizing them for display) that it was their first time. Lots and lots and LOTS of photos in this little fair competition, it seems. I don't expect to win anything, but I'm excited to get to see the display. How fun to see my work on the wall, eh?! I'll keep you posted if I DO by-chance win anything.

2 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Can't wait to hear how you do, Kamber!

Karen, the Mom! said...

I think your finished pictures looked WONDERFUL, Kam, and you prepared them well, so hopefully the local judges will see the value in what you've submitted. But to tell you the truth--the past few years, I've wandered around the photo exhibit at the Eastern Idaho State Fair, and I've shaken my head in disbelief at what has been selected for ribbon-giving...I've wondered how in the world THAT particular picture got special recognition!! I've figured that the judges must be kinda weird or confused or something in their choices, so ....I won't be too wurprised if they don't recognize a thing of beauty when they SEE it!! :) Love, Your Mom