I have a pain in my shoulder. It hurts worst when I sleep, especially when I'm on my side and it's the shoulder on top. So weird. But it's not in the rotater cuff (I surmised from all I've read and studied about rotator cuffs in the past few weeks). It's also not any of the other problems I've read about as I've tried to figure out what's hurting. My brother told me it may be a torn muscle, and he very well could be right. He also told me the cure for a torn muscle is to not use it and let it heal up.
If that's all true, then I will continue to have a sore shoulder until Spencer learns to climb in and out his bed, car seat, and high chair by himself, and also prefers never to be held again. He is one hefty little guy these days. And I AM hefting him soooo much, it seems. I notice it even more for the ache in my shoulder. Sigh.
Samantha was saying her prayers tonight and she prayed specifically that I would go to the doctor and get my shoulder fixed. Whoah. I guess I've been whining to HER about it a bit more than I thought, huh? So yeah, I'm going to call a doctor. But I just wonder what kind of doctor to call on something like a weird shoulder pain that is not the rotater cuff? I can already invision my GP giving me a "never heard of that" look. A chiropractor wouldn't do much good on this one, I think, because it really does seem muscular. But I already did go to a massage therapist, and he just rubbed it until I wanted to scream, and I don't think that was the right "fix." So, maybe I need an orthopedic specialist or something? I know the first step in the insurance game is probably the GP, and he'll guide me on from there, right? Don'tcha sometimes hate the insurance game, though? Wouldn't it be nicer (and more timely, cost effective, and helpful) to just go to the person who can fix it right the first time around?
In other late night rambling news... I am camera hunting again. I mentioned that we lost our fourth camera, right? Now looking for number five. Yep, we've been married five years, and we're now averaging one digital camera per year. Nice average, I think. I've gone to a few stores, scoping out the scene. We really liked our last one -- a Canon Elph model something or other. (And I bet whoever helped us "lose" it is also quite liking it now, with its cute little red carrying case to boot!!) Anyway, I'm curious what other people think about their cameras. The time to toot your cameras' horns is now, folks. Only, if it's really pricey, keep in mind our "average" mentioned above -- the lifespan of a camera in our Bishop family is pretty short. Leave a comment and tell me some good camera options, if you please. I'm really keen on cameras that get the lighting right, and have a quick turn-around time after a picture is taken. Any suggestions?
What else? Something less interesting... I bought a bunch of cheap old VHS movies at a thrift store this week. Just a dollar apiece, I thought they'd be fun little "rentals" for sometime. Well, halfway through my first viewing of the first movie, my VCR stopped working. Actually, I had stopped my movie to put in one for Sam. The VCR ate it -- Barney (ha!), which was very disappointing to Sammie. But how sad that I have all these movies, and now no VCR to watch them. And all of you are thinking, yeah, that's why people use DVDs, right? Point well taken, I suppose. But I was really disappointed. I guess I'll have to go spend another $3 at the thrift store (which is how much I paid for the current non-working one) and buy another VCR to watch my $1 movies, huh. Not much worse off than renting from Red Box, I suppose.
Okay, folks, this is really rambly, really late. I just felt like my pepper salsa post had been up there way too long and I had to write SOMETHING. But alas, maybe sometimes nothing really IS better than something? Well, goodnight then.
6 comments:
I love our Nikon D60. Its the low end dslr, and its huge, but so snappy. Its not something you would want to lose, but at the same time, its so big, you won't lose it. It takes awesome pictues, and is great for kids running around. It isn't blurry, and is idiot proof. Brandon is learning how to use it and used it for all those bird pics.
If you are going for cheaper, we did the cannon powershot sd 630 digital elph. Much like yours, and it has served us well for years. I would go to costco and find their best deal. My mom got one with 10x zoom. Handy!
Now I can empathize with shoulder pain. I hope you get it figured out and fixed asap.
We are out of a camera too. I guess we're lucky it was just camera #2 in our 11 years of marriage. Tell us all what you settle on in the end. I'd be curious to know. I don't know what we should get either.
This "something" really IS better than "nothing", my dear...I enjoyed your "ramblings"! I'm so sorry about your shoulder pain, though. I sure hope a doctor doesn't tell you it's arthritis or something 'long-lasting'. I bet it's really a torn muscle and just needs cared for like Lance told you.
And we, too, are looking for a camera. I went two days ago to Costco especially to look for a camera, and the only one I liked was a Panasonic and it was $269. I don't think I want that brand, and that's more than I want to spend 'cause I think I don't take very good care of cameras. It was a nice big bulky one, though, with a nice 'hand-hold', and that's the kind I want. I wish I could find a nice Sony like you guys got from your brothers for a wedding present. That seemed like a really GOOD one. Anyway--Good Luck, Babe! Love, Mom
p.s. Rub your shoulder with Aspercreme, BenGay, Theragesic, or IcyHot stuff for maybe a little relief at night, and take 3 or 4 Ibuprofens at bed time!!
Poor Kamboni. So sorry to hear about your shoulder--and such a nice, convenient part of the body to have acting up like that! I'm sending good healing vibes your way. Let me know if they work.
I have the exact same camera you had, and I love it! I guess I don't need to sing its praises, because you are familiar with them...but I love that little camera. I'm a Canon customer for life.
Thank you so much for the birthday present, by the way, and tell Sammie I loved the wrapper it came in! Much love to you, Bishop Hamily [sic]!
I almost posted a late nighter thursday night as well... I don't have anything like a shoulder keeping me up, so I don't know what my deal is.
Your little Sammy is so cute, we miss her too. Today Brecken wore that little green outfit your mom got for her and we all thought of you guys!
I can't believe your pepper story! That is unreal! And way to go with all that canning!!! That is awesome!
Good luck with the doctor thing. One thing that I have learned though is that a child's faith is more often than not, stronger than my own. :)
As far as a camera. we've had a Sony Cyber shot for almost 5 years now. And we've really liked it. But we are also in the market for a new one. (It got dropped and I feel it's days are numbered.) I'm leaning towards a Nikon D70. Expensive, but big and hard to lose, as Lisa mentioned. And takes awesome pics!
Post a Comment