Thursday, November 19, 2009

must be validated

Just put the fourth load of laundry in -- two are already folded and half put away, half still on top of the dryer. Also raked up three bags of leaves and veggie plants from our backyard/garden area. Put over 100 rotten tomatoes in a bag, too -- so sad seeing them freeze, but they never ripened properly anyway. Also took out some trash (I've been obsessing about putting the trash out for the garbage collection tomorrow morning, since I missed it last week.)

This morning, I got some shopping done -- a few pairs of pants for Spence, and a cute shirt and sweater for me, plus some jeans for Sammie. Also went to the chiropractor again, which was good. He worked on my back some more -- the OTHER hip is now acting up, ug. Also he relocated my shoulder, so I'm hoping that rotator cuff issue will get better again (was good, then bad, then good, now bad again. hmm.) Took the looooong way back from Homedale (we'll call it scenic, if Marsing can be called scenic?), and got to Sammie's school five mins before her preschool was getting out. Even had a minute to sit in the car and listen to a sappy country song while I wrote a check for her next month of classes.

It's not that I haven't been doing things, you see. It's that I don't FEEL like doing things. No energy today. No drive to be "industrious" and "ambitious." And the list of things I still NEED to do just seems to keep getting longer. But I thought I'd take a minute to at least write down some of the things I HAVE accomplished today, so I can see for myself that I AM getting somewhere, even if it doesn't feel like it.

And now, I'm going to take a nap. Hopefully without feeling guilty.

5 comments:

Travis and Heather said...

Don't feel guilty! You deserve it! It's rough being a wife and mom somedays. Somedays it is so fun and others it is hard work. I had the same day as you yesterday. Shopping, putting groceries away, cleaning the house. It was busy and I was so glad that I got so much done. So good for you!!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Kamber - you are a full time mom. You have a full time job which you are accomplishing daily. The results: 2 healthy happy bright children who are a testament to the work you do on a daily basis. Good job on all that other stuff too!! :)

Anonymous said...

SIS--Good job on updating! Made my day:)

ManicMandee said...

You better feel good about yourself, because if you aren't a good mom, I'm a crap mom for sure!

You're awesome :)

Karen said...

My dear daughter---You're a FANTASTIC mom--your dad says so all the time, and just look how ambitious you are--even when you aren't feeling well! I'm so very proud of how well those two darling children are turning out. They are very bright and well-cared for, and it's very evident that you teach them righteous, good things constantly.

I'm glad you had a little chance to finally take a nap---Take one every chance you get, babe, and you'll find that you develop lots more patience and "long-suffering" when evening-time comes along with whiney kids. :) Lots of Love, Mom