Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby Update, and more

So, I was just looking at our little "countdown" for baby, and noticed it says 79 days left. Not too bad, huh? That means, I'm officially about 29 weeks along -- only 11 weeks left. But guess what? Unofficially, it's even less than that! yay!

Considering both Samantha and Spencer were about 2 weeks early, I aim to shave about 14-15 days off that "countdown." Instead of 79, how about let's say 65 days left! I know, some of you moms are saying to yourselves, "well don't get your hopes up." Right? But actually, this one's going to be a planned c-section, due to some rough stuff after Spencer was born (if you care to look back to March 2008...). So... I really AM getting my hopes up. In fact, even though my due date is officially October 12, when people ask, I just tell them it's the end of September. At the very latest, it could be October 5, but I'm trying to get things ready for a September baby.

The hardest part is getting prepared for it mentally. I forget I'm pregnant all the time -- something I never did with Sam and Spence. I mean, I'm tired all the time, and my hip is popping out just like it does during third trimester, and I've got all those unfortunate aches and stitches and a huge stomach. But still, I seem to go about my days without consciously remembering there's a baby girl in there, growing bigger every day. It's weird, but I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that our little life here is going to change in a couple of months.

Brian made his first-draft "List" of baby names, so, now I guess the topic is officially open for discussion. He still says Guadalupe (we'll call her Lupe, for short) is his top pick (kidding, if some of you don't get his humor when I blog it). Other choices we're discussing:
Elizabeth, Natalie, Hannah, Kate, Rachel, Ruth, Tessa, Elise, Clara or Claire (or Éclair?), Mary and Teresa.

Yeah, we don't like to narrow it down too early. :) We went to the hospital with four names for Samantha and four for Spencer. I guess it takes us a long time to be sure. I mean, this naming stuff is serious business, eh? Our criteria, if I try to define it, is that we like names that are traditional, but not seriously overused. No made-up names, thanks. And nothing in the top 5-10 for "popular names." That shouldn't be too tricky to find something, right? But we take our time agreeing. Oh well. We'll have to wait and see.

In other news, we've been in Reunion Season this month. And it's been A LOT of fun! We just got back from the HUGE Bishop Reunion in Delta Utah. And we did a great big Phelps Kids reunion in Utah over the 4th. Next up is my grandma's Frasure reunion in Oregon later this week. Whew! Lots of tripping for us. That means I have tons of fun pictures that I want to put up... probably next week, after we're back.

Not the most entertaining post, I know, but I'm at least trying, right??

10 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

65 days?! I'm dying of jealousy! :) We have the same due date, and while I'm hoping for an early baby, too, I have no hope for a September baby... Oh well - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Anonymous said...

sis, i have NO idea what we were doing in Delta. i don't have your number or i would've called you back. i've had so many calls about people wanting to rent my house, that it bumped you off caller ID by the time i heard your message:(( send me your numbers or call me sometime.....what i do remember about that trip, was my mom's dirty windshiels--me flipping out and buying windex somewhere in NEV and you reading your bible in the back seat!! GOOD TIMES!!

Janell said...

I love the name Clara/Claire. You've got some good choices there:) It was fun visiting with you at the reunion!

Mel said...

Yea for the third trimester. if you want my 2 cents about a name I would go with Elizabeth or Kate. We were the same with J-Man. We had three names going to the hospital, and we ended up using #3 on the list. It crazy how once they come out you jsut know. Good luck deciding.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Congratulations on 65 days or a little more! Woohoo! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun at the reunion!

Karen said...

Hey Kam--I wrote a comment earlier but it must've NOT posted. In the comment, I said that my choice for your little girl's name is Hannah. There are already a couple Hannah's in the BIG family, but I like it. Oh, and I like Savannah, but it's not one of your choices. I also like Holly. hmmmm....I think I've got lots MORE that I like too, but...I'll tell 'em to you later! :)
I also said--I'll see you tomorrow!! YAY for the Oregon trip! Love, Mom

Joyce said...

So isn't there any way you can have a "VBAC" (I put it in quotes because you didn't really have a c-section last time). You have given birth twice vaginally. THe rule that once a c-section always one is NOT the case anymore. If you want a c-section than cool do it but if not, i say go for a VBAC girl! I am curious as to why this decision? Especially if you plan to have any more after this, you will have to a harder time getting your VBAC. I just read an article that said the rate of c-sections is way too high and overused in this country. Anyway, just curious...

Lhone said...

actually, kam, i've heard you don't have to have a c-section either. it depends on the doctor. I'm always for the non surgical way of doing things if you can. after the horror of my last procedure, I would maybe look into it? i like your names. i'm sure whatever you pick will be great!

Barb said...

Hi Kam!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your little family is so cute! I can't believe how big your kids are, and they are so adorable. Sounds like it won't be very long until you have another sweet little one in your arms - so exciting!

Amber told me that she had a really wonderful talk with you the other day! I'm so glad that you guys have kept in contact with each other and are still such good friends. I have very fond memories of you, Amber and Kerri, growing up in Wapello! That was such a good time in our lives. We do see your folks once in a while, and we always love that. We will be anxiously waiting to see that cute baby, and find out it's name!

Love to you,
Barb

Jeni said...

You know I love the name Clara. :) I'm so thankful we all blog and I feel like I know what's going on in your lives. Now, how do we motivate Randi to blog more often? And when can we have another reunion?? :)