-- clean out the garage
-- clean and vacuum car
-- paint and hang the stars I bought for Sammie's room a year ago
-- trim the summer flowers back to get ready for fall
-- plant new flowers in the pots out front since all ours died during our many vacations last month
-- mop the kitchen floor (why is this ALWAYS on my to-do list??!)
-- take the kids somewhere fun
-- don't grit my teeth while doing Samantha's hair
-- catch up the blog
I didn't get TOO ambitious with the list, considering this baby's just 6 - 7 weeks away now. I thought it would give me some things to keep busy, right? Well, here's the REAL list of what I've done while Brian's been gone...
-- ate a whole box of chocolate ice cream by myself. Oh wait, I shared a bowl each with Sammie and Spence, once.
-- stayed up until 2 a.m. at least 4 or 5 times, just surfing facebook, reading, or painting my nails. I get insomnia when Brian's gone, sigh. But I take good day-time naps, for sure!
-- I made a stab at cleaning the garage, but where do I put all Brian's tools and things? I decided it needs to be a joint effort.
-- No stars for Samantha's room, but I HAVE helped her clean it SEVERAL times -- Good Mommy Points right there, huh?
-- Went to my parents' house for a week, including two nights in West Yellowstone with Brian's sis and fam. (that counts for "take the kids someplace fun" doesn't it?)
-- Lost my wallet while at my parents' house. It was at the police station! with every card and coin still intact!! whew!
-- didn't mop the kitchen floor, but I HAVE swept it FOUR times in the last two days, trying to get up the salt Spencer dumped when he emptied the ENTIRE salt shaker in a trail across the kitchen, up the stairs, and onto the family room couch. (Sammie told me she helped clean it up by LICKING the couch cushions, so thoughtful and healthy.)
-- No outdoor trimming, but I did hire the neighbor kid to come mow the lawn today, which I think was one of the smartest things I've done this whole time Brian's been away! Oh, and some of our potted flowers resurrected themselves, luckily, so I don't feel it's so urgent to replant.
-- Didn't vacuum the car, but I did wash it in the driveway with the hose -- thought it would be a fun thing to do with the kids. It wasn't; they fought over the hose until Sammie sprayed Spencer in the face, then Spence cried because he was cold and wet, and Samantha cried because she was in time out. (Note to self: automatic car wash is TOTALLY worth $10)
-- Vacuumed the house. Today. For the first time in a month, no joke. It's just not a
regular item on my pregnancy to-do list.
-- Got Samantha registered for another year of Spanish preschool, if that's what we decide to do... at least we have a spot, and I feel a sense of accomplishment about that!
-- Haven't updated the blog. But I did start loading pictures one night -- I'm sure you're all in such suspense, just waiting to see the pics from our camping trip in June, right?? :) Well, you'll have to wait until another night, sorry.
Anyway, as you can see, it hasn't been a most productive time, but I have at least been in an "up" mood most of the time Brian's been away... a good thing, trust me. Can't wait till he's back!
5 comments:
Haha:) I say that you have accomplished a lot seeing as how your pregnant. I am lucky to get that much done not pregnant. No joke :)
good job on doing ANYTHING while pregnant. I love that sammie cleaned up some salt for you. And, the car wash is TOTALLY worth it. It becomes more and more worth it, the more you have. Good luck with the baby stuff.
I am so with you on the insomnia thing. There's just no good reason to go climb in to an empty cold bed. I remember when Trent was in WY working and I was pregnant with HP, I would stay up until at least 12 every night. Sometimes I got things done, like cathcing up on my scrapbooking, but most of the other things fell by the wayside. But I did do a lot of blog reading and watching chick flics that Trent didn't want to. Then I would be exhausted the next day and not have the energy to do the things I needed to. It's a vicous cycle!
Love your honesty. You've done better than me in getting things done while preggers. Can't believe you're that close to delivery!
Wow, Kam--you did LOTS!! And you didn't even mention the tons of Phone Calls we shared during all that "doing". :) I'm PROUD of you for all you accomplish. And look how SMALL you're staying during this pregnancy! I think all that running-after-Spencer that you've done, has helped you stay nice and small, and I'm getting really excited to see this new little girl you've been carrying. Love, Mom
Post a Comment