Can't believe we're already to the "loose tooth" stage of our kiddos. But it had to happen sometime, eh? So, here she is, our Samantha girl, on November 14, just one month before her sixth birthday... sporting a nice little hole on her bottom row.
She was sooo excited to lose a tooth, finally. She wiggled it around in her mouth for several days, twisting it back and forth, etc. I tried to pull it one night, before bed time. But it was kind of making me sick, so I told her just to go to bed and it would probably come out the next day.
It did. At school. At lunch, in fact. And... I think she must have swallowed it. She said she was wiggling it around when she was in line for lunch. But then she was eating and noticed it was gone! She looked all around by her lunch bag and on the floor. The lunch monitor even came over and had the custodian stop sweeping so a few teachers could help her look.
No luck. Poor thing. She was pretty sad about it. But then, her teacher helped her write a little note to the Tooth Fairy, explaining the situation. Both she and Mrs. Winter signed it, and Mrs. Winter showed it to me when I came to pick Samantha up from school. (btw -- she ONLY wants to be called Samantha at school, or at church or "any time we're out or people are at our house, Mom." Guess Sammie's a little kid name, now.) So anyway, the Tooth Fairy was very understanding, and took the note instead of the tooth, and left Samantha $3, for all her trouble of losing her first tooth -- and REALLY LOSING it!!
Not to be outdone by her sister, Natalie FINALLY cut her first two teeth a week later, at almost 14 months! Whew! We were starting to wonder if she'd be toothless forever, little cutie. (Actually, my mom tells me I didn't cut a single tooth until 14 months, either, so I guess that was in her genes, turns out!)
I have tried getting a picture of her tiny, darling little teeth (she cut two at once, yay!)... but she's not very cooperative yet. So instead you just get cute Natalie... tah dah!




4 comments:
And she sure is cute! Congrats Sammie! Oh! I mean Samantha. She's a true big girl now!
Tell Sammie that 'Samantha' takes longer to SAY than 'Sammie'! And Grandpa is wondering if she likes "Samantha Kabantha' better than 'Sammie Kabammie'?? :) :) (you KNOW he will tease her!) :)
And I think $3.00 was a fine FAIR amount for the Tooth Fairy to leave for someone who SWALLOWED her first lost tooth!! :) (I can imagine her dismay at not FINDING it...)
I've got 5 pictures of that little Natalie sitting on and climbing on my steps like that--isn't she precious?? I told Dennis about her parking-lot fall yesterday, and we both feel SO BAD that she face-planted and hurt her little nose and cheeks like that--poor little thing! She's such a beautiful, pleasant little doll. Thanks for the 'catch-up post', babe.
Love, Your Mom
So many similarities! BJ (BRYAN) just lost his first tooth, and it's the same tooth samantha just lost. And, Brianna is getting her last tooth in...oh wait, that's the opposite of Natalie. What can I say, my kids get em in fast! Good luck. Teething is NOT fun!
Madison lost another tooth the other day, her big teeth come in behind and push out the baby ones! And Brynn finally has 2 teeth! Hope you had a good Christmas!!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment