Monday, March 12, 2012

The Report

I've been not blogging lately. But then, I've come to look at other people's blogs a few different times, and it seems a lot of other people are also not blogging. Maybe it's the season?

Anyway, I realized I last wrote right before our fabulous two-week vifit home. And now that trip is more than two weeks come and gone! I haven't even given the report on the trip. So, for the record, it was WONDERFUL. We had such a nice time catching up with family, reconnecting with friends, and watching our kids get to play with so many cousins and friends.

The best part?

Brian didn't work. Not one bit. Should I repeat that??

He didn't work. And it was wonderful. And since we came back, things have been much lighter for him at work, which continues to make us all feel pretty "up" around here. There's no telling what's around the next corner, but we're loving the family meals, the prayers and wrestling together at bedtime, and the quiet "grown-up" time after the kids are asleep. All is well.

So, I thought I'd just put up a few random pictures from our trip. I didn't take many, but I'm sure you can imagine (or remember?) all the family get-togethers, the late nights snacking on unhealthy bits, the luxury of sleeping in our own king-size bed, for two glorious weeks. (Well, actually, I think we only slept in the bed five times, but I'm probably the only one counting, right?) Here's what we captured on digital film...

Relaxing at our home in Caldwell. Natalie especially loved her new, cushy booster chair, compliments of cousin Cole. (Just wish we could bring it with us back to NY!)...

Taking full advantage of the corner soaker tub. (And before you get too grossed out, they're all wearing undies, so it's more of a swim party than a real bath.)...

Enjoyed visiting with my Grandma Eva, and Grandpa Doug. Grandma Eva turns 89 tomorrow!! 89! We love them both so much!!

Spencer found some good BaBa time, and came back more attached to his finger and blanket than ever. Sigh. I know it's time to be done, but... well. Soon?

Discovering Uncle Wade's iPad. Spencer is a passive observer in this particular pic, but he certainly took his turn. And is now a computer addict...

We helped my parents clean out some storage rooms in the basement (hauled off three full truck loads of stuff to DI and/or dump! yay!), and found some old-time family treasures, like this family flag, from the Phelps Kids Reunion, when I was about 10, I think? Each picture represents one of the family members (mine is the music), and the fire is for all of us, or for camping, or something?? Notice the sweet pun of "Hone Sweet Home"...

 Watched Natalie enjoy her first unassisted Oreo cookie adventure. She loved it, and we loved watching her!


 Natalie was like a little baby celebrity. All the girl cousins LOVED coddling her, taking care of her, playing with her. She's being pushed in the doll stroller by Allie and Sammie, while Ella watches...

 More coddling the girlie...

 A shared birthday party for Spencer and cousin Bryson (they're eight days apart)...

 Complete with red velvet cake (Spencer's request, if you can believe!), on the couch with Grandpa...

 Another joint party with cousin Seth, complete with the traditional pinata...

 And the fight for candy...

We got a pic of Seth blowing out the candles (he's seven!), but I think Uncle Mark is took the pic of me holding the cake for Spence. I'll have to get it from him. Don'tcha love how Seth is wearing part of the pinata? heeehe.

And, that's it, folks. A wonderful trip.I cried when we locked up our house and left it sitting there, with our comfy couches, our beautiful piano, our carpet, our fun painted walls and decorations, and our king-size bed. Sigh. But it was good to get back to our NY home, too. Spring is on its way and we're LOVING it here! More to tell about what we've been up to these past few weeks. Stay tuned... (and hopefully I'll be back soon!)

6 comments:

Mel said...

It was soo good to have you here. We miss you already! I just have to ad that we had that same pinata when we celebrated J-Mans 6 year birthday, and it was even at your house there in Caldwell. Funny!

Karen, Kam's mom said...

Great run-down, Kam of your two-weeks visit to Idaho and Utah. We all really loved being with you and your family and we're sorry it's all over. Thanks for the up-date. Love, Mom

Lhone said...

Glad to see you are blogging again. I have noticed a slack in blogging (by me included). I still love it, and I love other people's blogs!

Alicia said...

I am so glad that we got to see you on your tour around Utah and Idaho! I loved that we got to talk, hang out and let the kids play. Perfect. Thank you. You were so busy!! Those pictures prove it. What a fun birthday for Spencer and I love Natalie's face after the run in with the Oreo. I wish I could have a run in with an Oreo right about now! Love ya. Come again soon.

Travis and Jana said...

So glad you guys were able to get away! Everyone needs to do that sometimes.
I'm sorry we didn't get to visit with you guys very much and I hardly got to even talk to you at church. It was just such a crazy weekend. But It was fun to see you guys at church and have Spencer and Sammie in primary. We miss you guys! When are you coming back?!?!?

Ruth said...

Hi, Kam, I just popped in for a sec. I don't have time to read all you wrote, but I loved whizzing through the pictures. You are all still as cute as ever. Keep blogging. Love, Aunt Ruth