Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little things they say and do.

I've noticed that I forget a lot of the cute little things my kids say, the way they say them, etc. And I want to remember. Some extra cute phrases stick with me, and sometimes I remember what was said but forget which kid said it (yes, I'm already to that phase of mothering, can you believe?!)

I really wish I could remember them all. Like, for example, Samantha called chocolate milk, "chockie lupk." Isn't that the cutest ever?! But so many of her other little cute things are gone with her babyhood.

And Spencer said, "oh, so, so, so!!!" every time he saw Christmas lights on the houses in our neighborhood. Oh, how I miss that little phrase of excitement, coming from his sweet baby mouth.

And Nattie... well, there are some that have come and gone recently, and I wish I was better at keeping track of them.
Bandie -- she now says band-aid, just like everyone else, even when I un-correct her and tell her that, no, she wants a bandie!!
Hundy -- "Mama, I hundie." It's gone... she says she's "hungry" every morning, and usually follows it with, "I want breakfast."

Yogurt.
You'd think that's an easy one for kids to say, right?
Well, all three of my kids have had their own way of saying yogurt for the first year or so of talking. And each one of them has said it differently. It's so cute and funny to me.

Samantha said go-urt. It was darling. And she could spot the tiniest containers of Thomas-the-Train kid-size yogurt on the supermarket shelves from three isles away. She'd be yelling "GO-URT!! GO-URT! THOMAS GO-URT! Momma!!" as I tried to maneuver those all-wheeled English shopping trolley carts quickly to some other part of the store. Too late. We had to take home Thomas for our

Spencer called it logurt. Not to be confused with the disgustingly sickening grossness known as Gogurt. (Seriously? blue and greenish yogurt? ug. Honestly, Gogurt kinda grosses me out... not just the blueness, but the squeezy-ness, and the sickly sweetness of it. ick.) But boy, did Spencer LOVE his logurt! ;)  He liked it mixed with cottage cheese for a long time. Kinda gross, but he thought it was a great treat.

And Natalie calls it yoda. She learned how to help herself to it when we were still in New York. We'd buy a 24-pack at Costco, and she would sneak into our fridge, get herself a yoda, then paw around in the silverware drawer to get a spoon. Then she would climb up onto her highchair tray, and slid herself into her seat, with her yoda cup in hand. I was SHOCKED the first time I turned around to find that she also OPENED the foil cover ALL BY HERSELF, and helped herself. Funny baby! Very self-sufficient of her, eh?

Well anyway, I guess I just wanted to say... I miss my babies. I love the first-talking moments. I love their yogurt, go-urt, logurt, yoda way of saying things!

That's all. (Unless I can get some cute pics to load here sometime...)


2 comments:

Karen, Kam's Mom said...

Hi kam--Sorry to see ADVERTISERS are answering on here--it'll likely make you back down on your "commitment" to Blog lots more times!~ :) (hopefully NOT, though...)!!

I just wanted to mention those self-sufficient GIRLS you have by reminding you of Samantha Sue--How she, in London--before she was even TWO--couldn't drag a chair over to the counter because the chairs were way off in the dining room, separate from the kitchen--so she would pull out drawers and stair-step them and climb up on the counter and OPEN the box of crackers or whatever goodies you had there--and then proceed to sit on the counter-top EATING her find! Remember that??!! They're both very, very enterprising! (I think Spencer boy will watch their inventiveness and 'come to the party' pretty soon!) :) ! And I thought it was cute today, how--on the phone--I heard Nattie say, "No I didn't" in her sweet little voice! Was that right after you saw her dripping wet sleeves and asked if she had been playing in the toilet?? :) I think they're all three pretty GREAT! Love, their Grandma!

McDowell Family said...

Madison called fruit snacks "fru-tas," her yogurt was "Mmm-ga" and Brynley's yogurt is "yo-gooo!" It's so fun when they start talking!!