Thursday, May 02, 2013

A Mothering Moment

"Mom!! Come look, come look!!! We just built the most AMAZING 3-D PYRAMID... all out of cans!! It's AWESOME! You HAVE to come see this!"


Samantha came to my room, where I was getting ready for church last Sunday morning, just specially to tell me to go see their cool tower in our pantry. All three of them had worked together, and were sooo excited about it.

Unfortunately, this tower was built less than twelve hours after I had spent my ENTIRE Saturday evening organizing our pantry, rotating in our food storage items, putting every last can of tomatoes in the same column, every last bag of pasta in order, every last snack item on a special shelf, in a special order. 

Did the kids notice the pantry was clean and organized? 
     Well, it turns out that yes... yes they did.

Did they appreciate my handiwork?
     Well yes... yes they did.

Did they feel obliged to improve upon my efforts.
     Yes... yes they did. 

Ah, kids... (Sigh.)

ps. I did not yell OR cry. But I felt like doing both.

3 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

WoW. I'm impressed. I hope there was at least one really good *sigh*. After of course you told the kids what a great job they did. LOL Oh motherhood.

Beth said...

So proud of you to soak it in as a motherhood moment! Trust me "one day" you will look back on this post and cry happy tears!! Get me a hankie, I miss my pantry monster!!!

Travis and Jana said...

Impressed that you didn't yell or cry. I just might have. Savor those young mother moments right?!