We had some glamour newborn pics taken of Camille a long time ago. Here is my favorite one...
Ah, Camille's Blessing Day... This was one of my favorite days. Ever. The sun was shining, the day was warm and bright, our house was clean, we were surrounded by so many people that we love. It was truly one of those days that will always make me smile whenever I think of it.
First, some cute pictures of the day, then details.
Here are cute girls adoring the blessing baby...
Her "Welcome" cake. (Chocolate inside, and those little booties are plastic, supposed to be a keepsake.)...
Grandma and Grandpa Hone with Camille...
Four adoring Grandparents -- Grandpa Dennis, Grandma Karen, Grandma Susan, Grandpa Dale...
Tired parents and sleeping baby girl...
I tried to get a few pics of her that afternoon, but she wasn't really thrilled. And, I can't get this one rotated, sorry...
Instead, you get some cuter pictures I took of her the next week, when she was happy and ready to "perform" for the camera...
And one funny one of Natalie, who also wanted a photo shoot...
I decided to take some more of her in her dress this morning, before she grows out of it...
Isn't she just a dolly?! She got to wear the same gorgeous dress that Natalie and Samantha wore -- Aunt Lar made it, and it is now a family treasure!
Camille's blessing was very special. Brian gave the blessing, and the priesthood holders who stood in the circle included: her Dad, Grandpa Dale, Grandpa Dennis, Uncles Lance, Blaine, Trent and Mark. She was blessed to recognize her great potential as she grows, to be a blessing to her parents and siblings, to have faith in Heavenly Father in her life, to have a desire to live the gospel of Jesus Christ, to have firm and steadfast righteous desires, to aspire to the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for her and for all of His children, that her family will be a guide and protection to her and that they will be able to help her as she progresses on her path to return to our Father in Heaven.
So, here are my specific memories of the day, with no pictures (unless I can get them uploaded from my phone... later?)
My parents called a few weeks before Camille's blessing day, and told us they were going to come, but they planned to stay in a hotel this time. Then, my mom said they had tons of Marriott points, so they were going to offer to "pay" for any of my brothers' families to come stay in the hotel with them. And then... she invited us to also stay in the hotel with them, and make it a family party! So, that's what we did. And, it was a really fun family party.
All the kids got in the pool when we first got there and swam for a nice long time. (We won't mention the annoying birthday party with 19 10-year-old girls splashing around in the tiny pool and hot tub, making our time a little less desirable, ahem.) Then we all got dressed and went to dinner at Pizza Hut. Not the most glamorous place for dinner, I know. But when you have 16 little rowdies along, options are limited. ;) After dinner we went up to my parents' room and chatted and had goodies together... chocolate bars, mint brownies, banana bread, cake, etc.
Afterward, the older cousins went swimming again with Lance and Jen, and Samantha got to join. Then she had a sleepover with Anna and Sara in Lance and Jen's hotel room. The rooms were very nice, spacious suites, actually, with king-size beds in the bedroom, and queen pull-out couches in a large living room/kitchen area. Fun! Our kids were exhausted and slept like champs all night. Even Camille gave me some pretty good sleep, only waking once, around 5 a.m. to eat. Brian had to leave early to go to church meetings, so we had separate cars. I stayed with the kids and went to breakfast in the lobby with everyone -- waffles, hard-boiled eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit... the kids thought it was heaven, especially Samantha who LOVES hard-boiled eggs. :)
Then we came home, put lasagnas in the oven, got ready for church, and headed over for our 1p.m. Sacrament meeting. It was sweet to me to watch grandpas and grandmas hold Camille most of the meeting... she slept and slept all the way through. yay! Afterward, everyone came back to our house for a fun dinner of lasagna, french bread and rolls, and fun salads that everyone brought -- Dalana's grape/cream cheese salad, Susan's broccoli salad, a creamy jello salad, and a big lettuce salad with homemade ranch (made by my mom). Cake and Melissa"s homemade cookies for dessert, and punch in the fountain punch bowl. The kids ate outside on blankets and played in the back yard. And there was actually room for the adults to sit around the table or at stools pulled up to the breakfast bar.
Everyone visited for a nice long while before they all headed home later in the evening. It was just such a pleasant, fun time to be together with family I missed Wade, of course. I hope he was there for a bit, maybe? (He would have taken some better pictures than I was able to get, I'm sure.) :) I just felt very loved and at peace all day that day... so grateful to welcome our new little Camille baby. We are so blessed to have her in our life!

4 comments:
I was just working on our blog and saw this! And I'm so glad I did. Wow. What a really special day. It sounds wonderful and I'm so glad. How nice of your parents to invite everyone and make it such a fun trip. And all of that took so much work off of you. That is really perfect. When I think baby blessings, I just think of how tired I am from a new baby and putting on a huge get together. I'm glad it was so nice and easy and fun for you to be with all the people who love you. And, little Camille in her dress is an absolutely gorgeous girl!
It was fun to read this, Kam, and re-live the experiences of that week-end. It really WAS a wonderful, peaceful time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! That swimming pool--with the umpteen young girls present for part of the time--was not exactly as peaceful and pleasant as I was imagining it would be with just our umpteen grandchildren in it--but it turned out pretty fun for everyone, I think! :) Thanks for writing about it all.
I LOVE those pictures of that little Camille doll, and isn't that a darling picture of little 3-year-old Natalie with her nose all wrinkled up like that!?! That baby-blessing dress is really a treasure, and it was so wonderful of your Aunt Lar to make it over 8 years ago for you! It's been well-used!! :) Thanks again for taking the time to post about this. Love, Mom
What a fun weekend! How nice of your mom and dad to invite everyone to stay at the Marriott! Fun for the whole fam! Camille sure is a beautiful baby and it sounds like her blessing day was wonderful.. She looks so Heavenly in that treasured blessing dress. I am so glad that it was such a beautiful day for all.
Camille is so beautiful! Congrats on another cutie! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment