Any takers?? Seriously... I think I'm about ready to give this blog away.
It comes with cute pictures of babies and kids, lots of griping and romancing about a busy mom's schedule, and fun travel logs and outing details from the last seven years or so. Going once, going twice...
Ah... I wish I had more time to sit down in front of a screen and type things. Really. I confess I have spent much more time "consuming" internet time, rather than "creating" -- now that I have Wade's iPhone. I scroll through facebook and read all the dumb articles everyone is posting that no one really needs or cares about. (i.e. why we're not supposed to order lemons in restaurants because they have so much bacteria; what time of day is best to drink our 8 glasses of water; how to make homemade donuts; why some people favor the Hobby Lobby decision and others don't, etc. etc. etc....) But it's not easy to type from the phone, especially something lengthy like a blog post.
So, I just read. And say "hmmm" after I've read enough junk. And I turn it off and go to bed and wonder why it is so late. And I wonder when I will ever resurrect this blog again?!
Brian is partly to blame. Actually, maybe just barely to blame. But he was "iffy" about a draft I wrote regarding his political campaign. And he still hasn't weighed in on whether it was postable or whether he could edit parts and make it something I could put up here. And I mentally took that to mean my blog was "on hold" until I could get that post up. Ya with me here?
Well, I better just scrap it and move on, if I'm ever going to move on, right?
That's what this post right here is for: Blog Giveaway.
Yes, there really is a giveaway, and no it is NOT the blog itself, as much as I'm sure you were all dying to take over for me. But really, here are the details:
If you want to be part of my giveaway, leave me a comment... preferably with some kind words of encouragement or something thoughtful for me. I need it, and I'm not kidding. I could share details -- and WILL in my next post, promise. But for now I'll just say, I need a little loving "push" here, if anyone cares to help a wilting blogger regain some momentum. I love to write, and I NEED to write because it is therapy to my soul. And I need therapy right now... understand?? So, please leave me a comment here, if you're reading this, and you're a human, and I have some kind of personal relationship with you. :) Okay?
If you DO leave me a comment (which may require that you get off your iPhone and actually type something on the computer, ahem,) in the next 10 days or so (that's how long I let comments build before I have to manually moderate them to avoid the spam), I'll send you something. In the mail. (And it won't be toenail clippings or the dried-out end of a ballpoint pen, like my cousin once sent to me, I promise.) I'm not sure what I'll send yet, and it may take me awhile (since I anticipate an overwhelming response here -- ha!, and we're going on vacation next week to the coast)... but, well... whatever I eventually send, I'll try to make sure you'll like it. Aren't you intrigued?! Oh yeah, be excited. I am! :)
And... that's it for now, folks. Happy July! I'm off to bed, hoping Brian will eventually make it here too, even though he hasn't for the past several nights. Hope is better than frustration, right? So let's hope for him, k? :)
Good night! and here's a picture for you. It's me and Camille, 10 days after she was born. I'm actually not a huge fan of nakey babies, but this one was sweet enough, and I sure do love this little girlie! Enjoy...

9 comments:
FIRST COMMENT!! WOOHOO! :D Kamber I love reading your blog. I can certainly relate to not wanting to blog lately. What is up with that?! Maybe we have too many obligations using up our time? Hmmm.
Totally jealous you're going to the coast but I hope you get sand between your toes, breathe in lots of beautiful ocean-y breezes and just make lots of beautiful memories with your family. Love you Kamber!!
Lovely Kamboni--I see you've given your blog a face-lift, and it looks gorgeous. I love the new family photo!
I'm sorry to hear you've lost some blogging steam. I'm one to talk... I think I write maybe once a year. But YOU... YOU must not give up! Picasso must paint; Beethoven must compose; and Kamber must blog!
One of the reasons you must blog is because I miss your Kamber-isms (eg. "nakey babies"). Ha! I love it. You've got a gift, kid. And I'm really sick of reading about Hobby Lobby. Help a sister out.
Love you!!!
Oh blogs. They are fun. It's nice to journal your thoughts and feelings and family adventures. But sometimes it's just so...tiring!
Mine died awhile ago so I'm the last person to be giving continuance advice. But I will say that it is rather sad to me that Facebook and Instagram have somehow taken over for blogs. They just feel so much more impersonal to me.
I hope you find your mojo soon. And I love the new pictures! Although, I must admit that the nakey baby one freaks me out a little. Not because it's a nakey baby. But because you look far more serious then I've ever seen you! :)
Love you!
I was excited to think that you actually *were* giving your blog away. That way, I could post articles on it like why not to order lemon in your water, the 23 best ways to think up 100 awesome ideas for 38 vacation plans, posts about what people had for dinner or why their spouse is amazeballs (I HATE that word) and other social and political nonsense that we see (and read)!
If you are feeling like needing to step away from your blog, step away, even for a bit. I think feeling guilty or feeling like it's an assignment takes the fun out. It halts creativity and writing, at least for me. The "bleg" trap in blogging (begging for comments) is a monster. It's a sign that I need to push pause and step away from blogging for a bit.
You are a great writer, and I know how much writing means to you. Some of your best writing is the reflective stuff you've written about family (Wade, your grandma) and friends. You might come back more refreshed and with oodles of ideas. Or you might need a longer break or find that your hard-copy journals are better. Keep up your writing, wherever and how often you can find time to do it! Good luck.
In the meantime, I'll be waiting for that gift of a dried-out ballpoint pen to come in the mail!
I am typing from my iphone, hope it still counts! It has been forever since I've used a computer. They still exist? Guess now you know why although I blog frequently, it has very little writing. I just use the Blogger app and upload my photos from my phone. It's the lazy way to blog.
Anyhow! I love and admire you so much! You are an excellent writer and I enjoy your style so much. So please keep it up. Remember you are so very loved by so many people. Your fan base is such that I am sure there are those out there who would actually appreciate getting your dead nail clippings! I would get a good laugh out of it for sure. Be happy, and feel LOVED!!!! Love, Amanda Bishop
Keep the blog, Kam! It's nice to feel like I'm keeping up with your family. I like the new design you've got join' on here. Good job! Love the picture of you and Camille. Really sweet:)
I love getting stuff in the mail! I have so much catching up to do on my blog before this baby comes. I just want to finish the rest of my 2013 posts so I can print out my book! It's way down on the list right now, though!
Oh Kam--I am your BIGGEST FAN of your Blog--(in more ways than ONE!), and I eagerly look forward to whatever you write and whatever pictures you put up. Don't give up on Blogging! Please don't get discouraged at how much DOESN'T get written--what DOES get written is really commendable and very enjoyable to all us "readers"!
I sincerely thank you for the time and effort you put in on Blogging, and I sincerely want you to keep up your writing skills. You are BORN to be a writer--I'm sure--so just stick with it best you can!! OK?? I hope this little vacation helps get you in the mood for MORE writing. And, as you see--that baby is getting bigger right before your eyes, so pretty soon you're going to have LOTS of time for doing extra stuff like WRITING!! right??
BTW--I sure like that new picture at the top! Is that the one you were going to leave with me so we can change your Family picture in my collage?? I look forward to getting it from you! Lots of Love, your mom, Karen
I like reading your blog. Honestly, I know what you mean. It's hard to keep up with these things. I have so many events I haven't blogged I feel like I can't blog the recent stuff. But, one thing that helps me is viewing how many people view my blog. That changed things for me. I literally have one person that regularly comments on my blog- your mom. But, I started looking at how many views I get, and realized that people still read it. I can make an impact on people's lives, so I keep blogging. My most views (by F.A.R.) was about Wade- 490+ views. Wade was inspiring about how he used social media to impact the world. And, an impact he made. I hope to be able to do as well as he did, so I blog. Good luck
Post a Comment