It's officially Wade's birthday now, since it's after midnight.
He has been on my mind so very much lately. I've been missing him and feeling very distant from him, knowing he will not be here this year on his birthday. I wonder if they celebrate birthdays in heaven? And if they do, I wonder what kind of presents they get? Chocolate?? It would be nice if he asked for a little visit to say "hey" to his family, dontcha think? Well, whatever he does tomorrow, I hope he smiles and laughs and celebrates the wonderful soul that he is!
We are heading to my parents' house, to be there with as much family as we can gather to be all together on his birthday. We're each bringing some "Wade" treats to share... apple fritters, chocolate milk, Taco Bell tacos, chocolate chip cookie dough, green-apple jolly ranchers, country-time lemonade, etc. He had his favorites, for sure. And hopefully we can play some games as a family, and talk about fun memories of our dear Wade.
I need to sleep now, but this is my little birthday wish/tribute for Wade:
Happy Birthday, dear Wade! I missed your phone call on my birthday this year. And I've missed you every day since then. Having a bit of a hard time without you right now, just missing you and feeling your absence more than sometimes. I love you, Wade. I love the dear, wonderful brother you have been in my life, all my life. You always, always made me feel beautiful and loved and treasured. You pulled my "banana curls" when I was a little girl, but always made sure it never felt like you were teasing me or putting me down. You complimented me on my piano music, when I wasn't very good at it yet. You identified with me and shared dating stories with me when I was a young adult. You listened when I was lonely and spent time with me just for the sake of being together. You involved yourself in my little family's life and kept drawings and cards from my kids taped to your fridge for everyone to see. Oh, I miss you. I miss your house and your pictures, and your voice and your laugh. I miss your phone calls and your analyses of good books and not-so-good movies. I miss seeing your truck in Dad and Mom's driveway when I pull up. I miss reading your personal goals on your bathroom mirror and feeling your enthusiasm for life every time I was around you! I love you and miss you and hope you are happy and busy and feeling loved on your special day!
Love,
Kam
1 comment:
Oh Kam--This write-up was SO touching!! I'm SO GLAD you took the time to write down your feelings like this and remind all of us of things about Wade. I hope you don't mind that I shared your thoughts from the last paragraph while we were all sitting around the table on his birthday that night, I think they seemed very fitting. And I'm SO GLAD you helped put that whole gathering together and were able to come right on time like you did. Wasn't that a wonderful time we had!!? Lots of Love to you, from Mom
Post a Comment