We left this afternoon, and just touched down in Chicago. One leg down, a much longer one to go! Here is my little companion.... She tore my hair from its barrett.
Spencer studied the map for nearly an hour.
We have had two minor mishaps already... First, I forgot three pairs of pants. This is bad, because I was already trying so hard to pack light. So now, I only have the pants I'm wearing, (which Spencer already spilled sprite on), plus one extra pair in my bag. Not good. Brian's mom was hemming them for me. I was supposed to get them from her this morning and I totally forgot. Rats. Two weeks, with two pairs of pants? A little problematic, I think. Sigh.
But the second mishap would have been really bad, if it didn't turn out to be a near miss... We were sitting on the plane in Boise, taxiing down the runway for take off, and Brian realized he forgot his jacket at the gate. Oh no! It was a brand new jacket from Costco. AND... It had all four of our kids' passports in the inside pocket! No joke.
Brian called the flight attendant, who called the boarding people. They stopped the plane for 10 minutes on the runway while someone located his jacket. Then they turned the plane around, went back to the gate and collected his jacket for us. The pilot made announcements, telling everyone "we've got a slight delay, a passenger left his jacket with his family's passports..." Yes. We were THOSE annoying passengers.:(
But we're much relieved to have passports in hand. Woulda been hard luck to get to customs in London and have no documentation for our kiddos! We might have ended up like Tom Hanks, in "The Terminal," remember that one?
So now we walk...
And wait...
Not sure what my connections will be like, but I'll try to send some updates as we go.







4 comments:
How wonderful that you get to travel with the family! Wow! I'm glad Brian remembered the lost jacket BEFORE you got into the air. How awful would that have been......? As for the missing pants.... there are shops in Europe, albeit EXPENSIVE shops. Hopefully you can get by:) Keep us posted on your adventures:)
Oh my goodness! This is what I get for not calling more regularly! Have a great time! I'm super jealous but at the same time do not envy your upcoming cross-atlantic flight! :)
Cute Pictures, Kam!! Everybody looks excited! I'm sorry you had to have that long extra lay-over in Chicago, but so glad that you had a good aircraft crew on the way from Boise--kind enough to turn around the plane for you. Wow--how fortunate!
Thanks for your text tonight--Saturday--letting me know you got there fine and even got to go on the London Eye today. How fun!! Now I'm wishing we would've gone WITH you!! :) Keep having fun, babe. Try to find a nice thrift store and buy yourself a couple pairs of pants. Lots of Love to you, your Mom
Wow! What an adventure!!! Hope you have a great time and relax as a family!!!
Post a Comment