Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sunday in London

We had a very nice Sunday, our second day in London. We had Stake Conference for church, and we were late, but it was fine. We liked showing our kids the famous chapel near Hyde Park. 
They were restless and tired and we sat in an overflow room where we watched a video feed. Not entirely memorable, but we tried. After, we changed in the upstairs bathroom and went to meet my friend, Chiz, who I worked with at Kings College, ten years ago.


Chiz invited us to her house for a spontaneous lunch. It was great to catch up with her, and the kids were happy that she put on Toy Story for them to watch. Here's the outside of Chiz's house. We took pics with her, but they are on the other camera...


She recommended a playground in Kensington Gardens for the kids. It was one of Princess Diana's projects, way back when. It did not disappoint!!! The kids LOVED the pirate ship, especially.


There was a big sand pit under the ship, which they loved. But we got there kind of late and it closed too soon.


Not to worry... The Science Museum was open late, and was nearby, and was free. What's not to love, right?! The kids really liked the space exploration exhibits. They had a model of the moon landing ship...(and I obviously didn't get a great pic).


Here are Sam and Spence trying on big astronaut gloves...

And, I asked Natalie to pose by the wtold model. She put her hood  over her face with her jacket on backwards, and giggled uncontrollably...

The "flight" exhibit, that we didn't see up close...

We went in an exhibit with lots of antique appliances and oddities. They had this old automatic door that has been in use since 1933. The plaque said it was such a novelty when it was first installed that people came from all over, just too walk through an automatic door. I had each kid walk through it.:)

Then back to our place for a quick pasta dinner and a very rowdy bedtime that ended with shouts and threats and timeouts on the front porch.... Not all is fun and games on this trip, I just thought you'd like to know.;) But all in all, it was a nice day. 

3 comments:

Lhone said...

Its fun reading about your trip. Sounds like you are finding lots of cool stuff. Guess we'll have to go back and see more :)

Karen said...

Thanks for posting about this day, Kam! I really enjoyed reading about it, and I'm glad you were able to go and visit Chiz. It's interesting that she even had your whole family over for lunch--How Nice!!

That science center sounds fun--and how in the world did they have it be FREE?? That's unusual--considering how expensive most everything IS there!!

I'm glad you're there, babe, and I hope you keep seeing and doing fun things!! (and keep posting about them...but I know it's hard to find the time to do it, so Thanks!!) Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Ohmygoodness, Kam, I'm loving your London updates! I'm so super jelly of you right now! What a fun trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! Love you!