Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Visitors to Londontown

Last week we had such a fun time! I've been wanting to write about it all, but I've just been too busy running everywhere. So now it's catch-up time. My cousins, Leslie and Stephen, came for a visit, along with their friend Patti. It was sooo fun to have them here with us, and to get all the latest details from their lives. It made me feel a little less homesick, which is always a good thing.

While they were here, we took them to some of our favorite places, including Camden Market. It was a hit!! They took to the market more readily than any of our other guests ever have... bought bracelets, handbags, looked at jewelry, coats and shirts, and of course, indulged in good market foods. Here's a picture of some handbags we didn't buy...


Brian suggested a walk along the canal, which turned out to be a nice quiet stroll after the busy market. Leslie and I found it amusing that they had named one of the canal-facing buildings the "Pirates Close." It was a cool building, though I'm not sure what the pirate thing is about.

Sammie enjoyed all the adventures from her stroller... little cutie.
While Les, Stephen and Patti were touring downtown in the evening, Brian, Sam and I took a trip to visit a nice cathedral I'd been wanting to see for awhile now. It has a very cool tower that I've always wanted to climb, but it had just closed when we arrived. I include it because it was a fun little touristy thing for us.



2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow. I want to go to Camden market and buy all those cool things too. How fun. Samantha looks adorable in her stroller picture. What a trooper. I'm glad you had such a fun time with the visitors.

Anonymous said...

Kam, This little note is about Les---I don't know for sure when you'll read this, but I just heard by 'third-hand news' that she's ENGAGED!! Cool, eh??!! Today's the day after our Labor Day camp-out, and even though we had a GREAT time in the trees and camp-fire smoke and beautiful mountain lake boating, it doesn't quite compare with LONDON TOWN!! I'm getting kinda anxious to come back! If you get moved to a new flat, I'm sure we'll have to come SEE it!! Thanks again for making all these lovely pictures and writings available to us!! Love, Mom