Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Busy days

It seems like we've been really busy these last couple of weeks. Brian's work has been crazy, and I've been on the house hunt with increased intensity. We looked at three more yesterday, and have viewings for two more tomorrow. If you're interested, check out this Website of the place Brian wants us to live: www.princessparkmanor.net. Believe it or not, it's affordable ... no more than we're paying now! Shock! Anyway, that's what's been happening with us lately.

Sam's been busy, too. She's just cruisin' around, getting into whatever she can find. Here she is with her church backpack, all strung out! I put her in the living room while I was getting breakfast ready in the kitchen. I came back just two minutes later, and she had strung her pack all across the living room. Most impressively, she'd found the ziplock full of breadsticks, somehow opened it up, and was helping herself to a little pre-breakfast snack! Clever girl! (Our Brazilian friend says, "she's very cleverly.")
Sam and I went shopping last week to find a winter coat for Samantha. We found a goodie! It was the last one of its kind, on a great sale, and was just her size. Yes, it's true, it is pepto bismal pink. But I think it's adorable, and Sammie thinks she looks pretty cute in it, too... she was strutting around the house in it for a bit after we came home. It even has little mittens attached with buttons. How cute is that!?!

A new favorite...
I've been wondering when Samantha would pick a "favorite" toy... We know other babies (like Brielle) who have had a favorite for months now. Well, it finally happened last week. We are proud to announce Samantha's favorite toy is her little stuffed Boston Red Sox bear, a gift from our friends Becky and Tim. Who knew she'd be a Sox fan, so early?! She carries it around in her mouth most of the time (like a mommy dog carrying its pup), and squeals whenever she sees it. She even climbs the stairs with it. I think it's adorable... though it's getting a little disgusting from being "mouthed" so often. Anyway, GOOOO SOX!

Last picture is of poor Daddy Brian, busiest of all. He's fast asleep on the couch after three all-nighters in a row. He came in and sat down to veg for a minute while I put his dinner on a plate. I hurried, but wasn't fast enough... (Was it wrong of me to take this picture?)
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures, Kam. My poor Brian guy!! Here in Idaho we felt SO BAD about him having to work all night long three nights in a row, getting only a couple hours' sleep each morning! Wasn't that AWFUL??!! I sure wish he wouldn't have to DO that!!

And precious little Sammie pictures!! Isn't she a DOLL?!! I approve her choice of "favorite toy". Your brothers are all Yankees fans, so they frown on ME 'rooting for' the Sox---but since we walked the very streets of Boston, and stood right in front of their stadium there, and watched their Series games right there in your Boston living room, I feel a devout devotion to their team---so I sincerely applaud Sammie's favorite!! :)

I like the way you keep us posted on 'every-day-life' as well as the "on-going exciting adventures"!! Thanks Babe! Good luck on the house hunt! Love, Mom

TXlaps said...

Hmmm, I think we'll have to arrange to come visit if you move into that model apartment!!