Hopefully everyone had a Happy Halloween in the States. I love seeing all the pictures of the kids' cute costumes. And this year, we had our own little trick-or-treater! Samantha was a little BYU cheerleader, in a special costume sent by her very kind, devoted BYU-fan, Aunt Janice. The outfit is sooo cute, I'm sure she'll be a little cheerleader more than once this fall -- not just for Halloween.
Brian LOOKS like he's just about to take Samantha trick-or-treating in this picture (above), doesn't he? Well, actually, he was just about to leave for work, and that's the last he saw of his little Cougar all day. Sad, sad. But at least he DID get to see her decked out, eh?
I thought it'd be cute to have some little pom poms to go with the outfit, so I got this goofy little headband(below), intending to cut off the froofy ends for her to hold, like a real cheerleader. Well, I put the headband on her, and she thought it was the COOLEST thing ever, so we just left it... I think it works. Perhaps more cheerleaders should take a cue?
I just wrote the details of our Halloween day in an email to my friend, Amber, which I'll share here, in case anyone wants the WHOLE story of our Halloween (not that it was that exciting, mind you):
Sam wore her costume all day, since it was so cute. We made pumpkin (i.e. round) sugar cookies at a friend's house (which turned out poorly because we had to use lard instead of shortening, which tastes terrible, but they don't have any shortening in this country. bummer.) Then we took naps. Then I made a pumpkin pie (which was one of my best cooking efforts yet) and we took it to a party up the road with some other families from our ward. I stepped in dog poo right before we went into the party, then wandered around the whole time thinking, what is that smell? Didn't discover it was ME until I stepped in MORE on the way home, how embarrassing! So anyway, we came home, I put Sam to bed, then Brian came home from work at 10ish. Not too bad! But then he had to get up at 3a.m. and work and I never saw him again till this morning, poor guy.
That's all for now, folks. Happy November is here at last!



3 comments:
HAPPY NOVEMBER TO YOU, TOO, KAM!! Hey--your pictures and write-ups are WONDERFUL!! I just now printed off two copies of these last two "latest editions", and put one copy in my book, (along with several 'enlargements'), and took the other copy over to Grandma Hone. She was THRILLED to get it and she and Doug and I read and "perused" everything to our heart's content.
Then I took MY book over to Trent and Melissa's and sat on their couch between Melissa and Josh, showing them the cute little pictures of Sammie. Isn't she darling as a BYU cheerleader?? With that snazzy pom pom headdress she looks SO PROUD--getting to be all decked out in her finery like that!
I'm sorry about your dog-poo experience. You didn't tell me about that on the phone....Just too mortified, eh??! :)
Well thanks again for taking the time to enter all those pictures and keep us all informed like this, Babe. Lots of Love to you (and to your poor over-worked dear Husband), and to Sammie, too. Love, Mom
HOW CUTE!! I love that she got to be a BYU cheerleader. And I love the pom poms. That is hilarious. We were actually at BYU yesterday for Freder to be on KBYU. It was so fun to walk Scott and Brie around and tell Brie all about the school she will be attending. Much to Scott and Freder's disgust. I love that place. Go Cougs!
Kamber, way to go on the pictures and stories!!
I love em!
say... do you ever read these comments though? I didn't notice till today, that out of all the comments made, there's no responses from the op. (original poster... you :- P )
I won't write much just in case you just never check your comments, but it really is nice to see Samantha Growing up, and you and Brian's fun times in London Landia.
Mom's printed out version of your Blog is very cool, and sits in a prominent place where all can partake of your wit, and photography skills.
thanks again!
Love Wade,
Post a Comment