Then Sam opened her presents. She was really excited about her new walker. She is soooo much more confident in her walking, even in just the few days since she started using it. She also got some fun lights-and -music toys, some cute clothes and books from both grandparents, a lovely purple handbag (she loves putting stuff in and taking it out of bags), and a little pink and blue mobile phone (from Grandma Hone). She loved all the attention and could hardly stop playing with one present to open the next.
Samantha had a nice lemon cake for her birthday. We made her own cake in a little ramiken and gave it to her on a plate. Brian even got to come home in time to sing and help blow out the candle.
One more quick cute picture... On Friday afternoon, Sam got herself stuck in the fireplace grate. If you zoom in on her, she's actually smiling. I watched her first stick hands down there, then her head, then the rest of her and her feet came off the ground. I waited for her to get frustrated when she discovered she couldn't get back out. But she didn't! She just sat there smiling, and I pulled her out after the picture. Silly girl--- tried to climb right back in.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Samantha! :) She is so cute, Kamber. Looks like she had fun with her own little cake! Also, the pic of her in the fireplace is hilarious -- are all fireplaces in London that pretty? I love it!
Hey my dear girl---What are you doing up at 2:00 A.M.??!! We just got back from delivering Christmas goodies to Home Teaching families (and neighbors), and saw that you had called at 2:00 A.M., and I RAN in to listen to your message and was delighted to hear that you had new pictures on the Blog. And what DARLING pictures they are!
I immediately enlarged and printed out the upside-down-in-the-grate picture. How CUTE!! I'm going to LOVE holding that little doll in just TWO MORE DAYS! What a personality she has!! Isn't she precious??! I'm thrilled to pieces that you're coming and bringing HER!
I'm sorry we missed your call. I'm anxious to talk with you on Monday and hope we can make connections, cause I'm hoping to be able to have you listen to a couple cute messages Lancer left us. Will talk with you soon. Love, Mom p.s. We got a wonderful Christmas card from Alicia. Thanks Alicia---(in case you see this!!)
Hi Lisa
I don't think all fireplaces here are that fancy, but we sure have liked this one... except that it doesn't actually work. I guess that's probably a good thing, with Sam climbing in it all the time!
Hi Kamber! 'Member me? I'll be in London on January 17-18, wondered if you wanted to hang! Email me-turleybenson@gmail.com
Marissa Turley Benson
Post a Comment