Monday, April 30, 2007

Hard week over

Last week was not my favorite week, and I'm glad it's over and we're on to a new one. Brian had an extremely unbearable work schedule all week, with midnight being his EARLIEST night in. Finally on Friday, I called to tell him I failed my driving test again (third time was NOT the charm, despite the fasting and prayer and practicing). While we were on the phone, he shared one of those "now-is-probably-not-the-best-time-to-tell-you" things, telling me he would probably be working most of the weekend as well. He DID work most of the weekend, leaving Saturday morning and not returning to the house till midafternoon Sunday. Rough stuff.

Unfortunately, my lack of discipline when he's working late causes me to stay up till 2 or 3 just hoping he'll come in, making me grumpy all day for having stayed up so late. It's not like anything really terrible is happening in my life, but I feel like murmuring just because I'm sleepy and I miss my husband. I woke up this morning vowing to turn over a new leaf... already did some laundry and housework, and walked down to Subway to get a turkey/ham sub-of-the-day for lunch. Let's hope things look up from here!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're lonely Kamber! That does sound like a rough week. I wish we lived close and I could come over during the day and the kids could play and we could chat. That's crazy about the driver's test! If it makes you feel any better, we've had a miserable week too! Seth has had the stomach flu since Thursday and we're worried he's getting dehydrated and they keep telling Mark he has to work overtime on Saturdays (although nothing like Brian's schedule) and we can't get any of out long list of stuff done. I sure hope your week is better, I'm glad today is looking a bit happier and more productive for you, I hope your sandwich was good. We love you three!

Anonymous said...

My dear little "Lonely Girl"! I'm glad you shared your 'not-so-happy-moments' with us cause it helps us to know that not ALL is glamorous and glorious over there ALL the time! All that "tripping" you guys do makes things sound 'story-book exciting', so it's okay to have us know that some times things are not quite perfectly wonderful! :) (This doesn't sound like your loving Mom talking, now DOES it!!....but indeed it is!)

Actually, I've had lots of talks with Heavenly Father about your lonely times, and I'm really hoping things will lighten up here pretty soon for you. I think it's dreadful that poor Brian has to work those unbelievable hours, and I'm SO sorry for you and Sammie being left alone so much, too. I think your coming week is going to be GREAT, though, so just hold out for a few more days.... Alicia and Scott will cheer you up marvelously!! Lots of Love, Mom

Lisa Michelle said...

Hi Kamber!! So sorry to hear you've been without Brian so much lately! No fun!! Wish you could come hang out with Sophie and me...! Sending lots of love and hugs to you over there across the pond. :)