So, in the past month and a half, I'd say it's rained here at least 30 days out of 40, or something like that. I like rain, but c'mon, someone else's parade probably needs some moisture about now, right??! Yes, the rain has put a damper on any of our outings of late, hence the lack of bloggingness from me. (and yes, bloggingness is a new word, I expect it will catch on really soon).

Friday afternoon Sam and I got caught in the rain on the way home from the grocery store. I promise, we went into the store and the sky was blue; we came out ten minutes later and it was all black and foreboding, with raindrops that would fill a tablespoon, no problem. Resourceful me, I put Sam's raincover on the stroller, then I whipped out one of the little baggies from our fresh produce, and put it on my head. I walked home like that, and believe it or not, no one even looked me like "you look like an idiot." No one. Picture for proof that I did
indeed look like an idiot (but a
dry idiot, alas!), despite the obliviousness of strangers...

In the lack of outings, Sam has been trying to be innovative in playing around the house. She has decided she likes bringing me pairs of shoes to try on -- it gives her a chance to learn "matching", and to destroy my shoe box. (I don't have a picture of that activity, but I'll get one soon and post it when I do.) She also loves her funnel... It's a hat, a horn, a bucket, all in one. In this shot below, she plays with it as she eats breakfast.

Sam has also gotten really excited about brushing her teeth lately. We brush after bath time, which is one of the only ways to get her out of the tub. We just got her a new pink Barbie toothbrush, a big event! Here she walks around with one of the funny little toothbrushes they give us on British Airways for our international flights.
Piano time is a several-times-a-day event right now. Sam's getting quite good at pushing the "rhythm" button that starts the disco beat, then she sits on the bench, bopping her head and shoulders. Aren't her piggy tails cute in this one below? Her first all-the-hair pigtails. They were a little crooked, but pretty cute, I think!
Reading is another favorite thing we do these days. Sam FINALLY brings me books and patiently looks at the pictures and waits to turn the pages (instead of racing through it, turning it over and putting it in her mouth.) She still occasionally tries to ingest her books, but not as often as before. Brian has called her a "libravore" (for those who don't speak Spanish, libra is the word for "book" -- like carnivore).

That's all for now, folks! We'll be coming home to Idaho by this coming weekend... yay!! May the rain not follow us there, we hope!!
9 comments:
AWESOME!!!
I really liked your write up!
Thanks for posting!
love looking foward to seeing this week!!!!
look forward to seeing you too, Wade! Thanks for your comments -- on this, and on voting for the back yard art picts.
Oh, look at all that beautiful, curled hair. Why, you might have some Allred in you after all. How fun that your going home. Looking forward to some picts of Sam and Brie together.
Looking forward to you stopping in Boston before you go to Idaho. Sam's pig tails are darling!
I love the picture of Sam in her pig tails, how cute! We, too, are so excited to see you guys soon!
Wade and I both went on and on about how cute Sammie is in the picture where she's eating the funnel...Isn't her hair gorgeous?? And isn't it amazing that she has enough hair to make those little pigtails like that??
I LOVE the fact that you keep us posted on day-to-day things like this, Kam, and I LOVE the fact that we're going to get to see the three of you just this COMING Saturday!! Love, Mom
Kamber! I just saw your comment on my blog... How fun that you guys will be here! We live in Belmont and would LOVE to see you. What day(s) will you be here? We are going to DC next week and leave Tuesday night. I hope it works out...
Have a great day! Your Sam is too cute. LOVE the pigtails.
Two more day's and your here!
YAY!!!
You're coming to what state now?
That's right...
Post a Comment