Sam's playpen is set up in our office, so she can stay in it while Brian and I workout on the crosstrainer nearby. Well, Samantha's started "asking" to go in the playpen, and has spent long times just playing with her toys in her little pen these past few days. She was in for nearly 1/2 hour yesterday, and I kept checking on her every few minutes. Finally, she'd been so quiet and I hadn't checked for a few minutes... Here she is, with a whole shelf of books in her pen. She was carefully thumbing through them, one at a time, then dumping them.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Sam at home and with friends
Sam and I have been having some quiet days, though busy and productive. I just haven't had much to report, so I haven't been blogging so much lately. But I've had requests (you know who you are, you requesters) for more pictures of Samantha, so here you go...
Sam's playpen is set up in our office, so she can stay in it while Brian and I workout on the crosstrainer nearby. Well, Samantha's started "asking" to go in the playpen, and has spent long times just playing with her toys in her little pen these past few days. She was in for nearly 1/2 hour yesterday, and I kept checking on her every few minutes. Finally, she'd been so quiet and I hadn't checked for a few minutes... Here she is, with a whole shelf of books in her pen. She was carefully thumbing through them, one at a time, then dumping them.
Sam and I made a cake today for a meeting I had tonight. I let Sam help with the frosting, which she really enjoyed. This first picture is a little washed out, and the second one chops off her head a bit, but I think they're both cute.

Sam sneaked a big piece of pita bread off the counter and sat down on the kitchen floor to eat it just before dinner tonight. I love the "caught-in-the-act" look in this picture.
This one below shows Samantha's first little sunburn. I took her to the park with friends the other day for just a little while. She looked fine when we got home, but when she woke up from her nap, she was pink-cheeked! By bed time, it looked pretty bad, but it was fine in the morning. I've decided I need to carry sunscreen just like I carry diapers and wipes, I guess!
Way back after Egypt, I mentioned we were getting rid of Sam's pacifier. Well, it didn't happen. I caved after two days. She just loves, loves, loves it. And it makes it so easy to put her to bed! She usually gets EXCITED about bed, as soon as I mention her pluggie (as we call it). Is it so wrong?
I mean, just look how content and happy she is! Cutie pants. Little pluggie adict.
A few days ago Brian and I were saying morning prayers and Sam decided she wanted to sit in the chair in our bedroom... the chair was holding all the clean laundry, but Samantha didn't care. She just cleaned it off nicely and sat waiting for us to finish our prayers. We opened our eyes and turned around to find this picture...
One of the best things about our new house is that we're so much closer to friends! Even though our kids are different ages, we moms like to get together and hang out, and our kids have an okay time, too. Here's Sam with our friend Lizzy. Sometimes we do babysitting swaps with Lizzy's mom and dad. Sam loves to attack/maul Lizzy. 
Here's Sam and our friend, Abby, playing nicely in our back garden. They tend to have a bit of a strained relationship at times, due to the age gap. But they also have their moments where they seem to enjoy each other -- or at least each other's toys! ha!
I watched Abby and little Sam along with our Sam, while their mom went to the doctor the other day. This picture typifies how much of the afternoon was spent... Little Sam watched Abby, Abby watched our Sam, and our Sam wandered around looking for the next toy.
Just had to put up this cutest one of little Sam (we sometimes call her Sam Junior).
Sam's playpen is set up in our office, so she can stay in it while Brian and I workout on the crosstrainer nearby. Well, Samantha's started "asking" to go in the playpen, and has spent long times just playing with her toys in her little pen these past few days. She was in for nearly 1/2 hour yesterday, and I kept checking on her every few minutes. Finally, she'd been so quiet and I hadn't checked for a few minutes... Here she is, with a whole shelf of books in her pen. She was carefully thumbing through them, one at a time, then dumping them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My dear girl---I did not DOUBT the hugeness of your dead spider, but I'm sorry to say it's even BIGGER than I imagined!! How in the world did you get BRAVE enough to chase that thing all over 'kingdom come' and truly get it killed??? It's about big enough to be as scary as a SNAKE!! I shudder just to look at the picture!!!
I'm so SORRY that you're having to do battle with spiders---daily! I think you'd better opt for an Exterminator---QUICK!!! Love, Mom
I loved all the pictures and cute stories about Samantha! She is going to be just like her mom and dad with books. It's starting already. (Brie has those same brown and pink pants by the way. They are so cute, but faded fast.)I also think Sam looks so much older and taller than the last time I saw her. Especially as she sits in her cute summer shorts enjoying some frosting. Wow. Lucky girl. We're doing the same trick with the pacifier (chupa) and I think it is a great one. Brie is thrilled to get to go to bed because that is where she gets chupa. I also must say how GORGEOUS that Sam Jr. is. Those are some amazing eyes! Well, continue to have fun. We'll talk soon.
It is always so fun when you post something new. I love all of the pictures, I can't even pick a favorite. I, too, think Samantha is looking so tall and her hair looks like it is really coming in thick. That's fun that she has so many little girlfriends around to play with, but where are all the boys? Lots of your friends must have girls also. We do the same thing with Seth and his pacifier, or try to anyway. Whenever you feel bad, just think of us, Seth is two years old for pete's sake and still loves his binky!
Hey Kamber- I took the "binky" away at 3 years old, and did not feel a bit bad about it. I enforced the rule that it had to stay in the bed, or else it interferes with them learning to talk. Then on their 3rd birthday (after working up to it for weeks) I take the binky away that night when they go to bed. They cry but I don't cave and they are better after a couple of nights.
Sister Kamber - I love your photos!
thanks for doing this Blog - it makes you feel closer and it is so fun to see the adventures tha you get to have.
I figured I'd put in my 'choices' for your 'gate picture contest' I'd Rank them as:
Best = #3 hands down Awesome - I'm printing that one out and putting it on my cabnit (Guess a bit of Mom rubbed off on me...)
then #1 - I really liked the story that one tells - it's like Nature has opened the gate and its either getting in, or leaving - very cool - also the Brick on one side and the wood on the other - really catches the eye.
Next #5 - at first I had # 9 (or was it 12) in this position - but when enlarged the focus points just fit the over all image in #5 best.
the honorable mentions from me were 9 and 12
and the rest were really good too !
thanks for sharing - and thanks for letting me pretend that I'm a photo critic :-P T'was a fun diversion!
love ya.
Wade
Post a Comment