Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boy or Girl??

Well, so... have a look at the profile of our little baby -- a head-and-shoulders shot, if you will...

Any guesses as to whether that looks like a boy profile or a girl profile??

Anyone feel inspired?? Another shot... from the waist up.


Well, I'm no good at keeping the suspense on things like this. It's a BOY! We're having a little boy baby in March! yay! It was fun to see him and get to finally call him HIM, without feeling like I'm just guessing. At first the baby wasn't cooperating -- was turned all the way in toward me so there was no "checking." The ultrasound technician lady called him a naughty baby and ordered him to be still. He settled after awhile and let her measure his head and heart and brain waves, etc. When she went to "check" again, Brian spotted it first, and announced that we're having a boy. It takes me much longer to recognize these things, surprise.

We took Samantha with us to the scan this morning. She was fascinated and a little alarmed to see the practioner rub jelly all over my belly and start probing around. We told her it was a baby on the screen, but I think she was skeptical throughout. We also told her she's going to have a little brother, which didn't seem to phase her. We're very excited, and looking forward to the new addition!

(Oh, by the way, they didn't give us any printed pictures of the "gendering" of this little guy, so you'll just have to take our word that we saw what we needed to see. Yep, he's a boy alright!)

7 comments:

Scott B. said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I think you should name him Scott, it's a nice name.

Joyce said...

Yay for boys! I wonder if this is the beginning of a wave of boys in London between Stef, Debbie, Regina and you - you have all proved that having a boy in London is possible!!! We need more boys because my little girls will need someone to marry so I am glad SOMEBODY is having them. Congratulations. I will be watching to see what it is like to have a boy! I don't know nothin' about those.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations to you three! Boy, Mark and I were sure off in our guesses. We're so excited for a new nephew to love! You're gonna love little boys!

Elieson Family said...

Congratulations!!! Hooray!!! Although I HATE buying little boys clothes.. much prefer girls stuff! You will rather enjoy raising a boy, I can see it already. And Samantha is such a tomboy already! You will have such a great little family! I'm so happy for you :)

Jeni said...

Yay, Brian and Kamber! I am so glad you're having a little boy, though Sara Katherine has stolen my heart, I do love my little Ethan. It's amazing how much more maintanence Sara Katherine is than Ethan was at her age...you're in for a pleasant surprise! Congrats, congrats! (BTW, you are #11 of my friends who are having boys...ZERO girls!)

ManicMandee said...

We are so excited for you guys. It will be great to have one of each. Thanks for sharing. We love and miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures of our new little Grandson. Guess what---I agree with Scott (above)---the name "Scott" is really a GREAT ONE for this new little guy of yours!! Love, Mom