We had a fun little Halloween party yesterday, with lots of the moms in the area along with their kids. Here are some pictures of our little group...
I found crepe paper for only one pound a roll! What a nice surprise. Amazing what you can do with three baloons, construction paper, crepe paper and some kleenex ghosts! Samantha and I had fun decorating... her favorite was the streamers by the front door that she kept walking through, making "ghost" noises as I taught her.
Here's our little group of kids... from left to right, we Ashley (a fairy), held by Ian (Thomas the Train), then Ricky (a pirate, who later became a bat), Sammie (pumpkin), Noah (Lofty from Bob the Builder), and James (Yoda). The costumes lasted slightly longer than the cupcakes they had as a bribe for sitting for this picture.
Here is Ricky the Pirate and Sammie the Pumpkin. She was quite fascinated with his necklace and patch!
Cutie little Ashley the fairy princess...
Here's Samantha, after gorging on lots of chocolate she found in our "hidden treasure" game. Yum!

After everyone left, I put Samantha down for a nap. When she woke up we had a quick photo shoot in her crib, showing off how proud she is of her cute costume. (Excuse the poor lighting, our house is not blessed for great photo ops, unfortunately. And our flash does no better, oh well.)


Getting a little impatient...
Still trying to "smile" but it's getting tough!I found crepe paper for only one pound a roll! What a nice surprise. Amazing what you can do with three baloons, construction paper, crepe paper and some kleenex ghosts! Samantha and I had fun decorating... her favorite was the streamers by the front door that she kept walking through, making "ghost" noises as I taught her.
After everyone left, I put Samantha down for a nap. When she woke up we had a quick photo shoot in her crib, showing off how proud she is of her cute costume. (Excuse the poor lighting, our house is not blessed for great photo ops, unfortunately. And our flash does no better, oh well.)
5 comments:
I could place all the kids but James and Ashley. Who are they? or better yet, who do they belong to? Sorry I missed the party, looked like fun!
What a FUN PARTY, Kam!! And how wonderful of you to put it together for all those little kids and their moms! And what CUTE pictures!! Didn't our little Sammie girl look darling??? I LOVE those pictures of her!! Especially I liked the one where she has chocolate on her face and the one where her whole little "jack-o-lantern face" costume shows up. Her expression is SO precious in those two, I think!!
I'm glad that the whole party was so successful---the decorations are GREAT!! Thanks for letting us be a part of your celebration. Lots of Love, Mom (and a doting Grandma!!!)
Sweet Sister,
Fun posts that you have up! I read them all, and I'm posting on the one most 'far' down... Wait! I'm going to cut and paste it back in the one at the top, yay, aren't I brilliant!?!
A) that pic of Samantha with her nose pressed up against the shiny metal can is priceless and prizewinning in my book. Good shot!
B) Yippy! a boy! hehe, I know you told me already, but it's fun to celebrate in writting. Do you have any names picked out? I'll toss Wes / Westley and Zak / Zachary out there as some of my personal Favorites.
C) MAN I'M Looking forward to your upcoming Visit! the family just doesn't feel complete without you Brian and Samantha around for the festivities!
D) Lots of love from your Brother to those of you visiting across the pond.
-Wade out.
That looked like so much fun. You are a great mom! Sammy looks adorable.
Nice job decorating. Samantha looks so cute as a little pumpkin. I'm glad your party was fun. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment