Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Out for a walk!

Samantha and I try to get out for a walk almost every day. Even if it's just a quick trip to the grocery store (6 mins), or to the High street (7 mins), or to visit friends (5-10 mins), we really enjoy and need the fresh air and exercise. Sammie especially gets SOOO excited to "go walk," and helps me get my shoes, her shoes, my coat, her coat, the back pack, etc. We always bring the stroller along, but Sam spends more time running beside it/me, or in front, unless I insist that she be strapped in (ours is a busy road, too bad). Here are some fun shots of one of our recent walks, which typifies most days...

Sam runs way ahead of me to "go fast!" until I tell her to "wait for Mama."

Doing a good deed, she tries her best to close the neighbor's gate (only after she tries to run up to the neighbor's front steps, of course.)


Here we go 'round the street sign post -- and every other post or pole we happen to see. Three times around ought to be enough.

Taking time to stop and smell the flowers...


While she's smelling, it seems only polite she ought to TASTE the flowers as well, of course.
Crunching the leaves -- a new favorite activity. We look for streets with piles of leaves, just so we can crunch, crunch, crunch!
And home again, usually with a stroller full of groceries and a happy, tired girl. She love pretending the big drain pipe in front of our stairs is a water spout. She often "washes her hands" while she waits for me to put the stroller away in the trunk of the car.

5 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I loved that post Kamber. I appreciate all the photos and details of your daily lives. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kam---What fun you're having over there in England!! It's great seeing that you're doing so much activity with our little Sam, and that fresh air is good for BOTH of you, I'm sure. Isn't that a darling little coat she has?? I haven't seen it before, but I sure like it. Thanks for letting us see your "typical day". Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a cute post. And what a cute little coat Samantha has. She looks thrilled to be out and about exploring everything. I wish Brie and I could come on a walk with you. Looks fun!

Lhone said...

wow she's cute. I can't believe how long her hair is getting.

Anonymous said...

Samantha looks so cute in all of these pictures. As others have said, what a cute little coat she has on! Thanks for sharing details on your fun walks with Samantha. I love her personality!