In church yesterday, I gave the sharing time lesson and it turned out really well (always something to feel good about)! We ended up having TONS of visitors due to a baby blessing, which caught me off guard as I walked in and saw our primary had tripled in size. But amazingly, I had felt inspired to prepare for "extras" just in case. It turned out perfectly.
We started out talking about presents we hope to get for Christmas. Then I asked them about some of the presents they were thinking of getting for their parents and other family members. After a few minutes of discussing, I uncovered a big box full of presents I had wrapped at home. All the children gasped in excitement. I explained that these presents in my box may not seem as exciting as some of the things we hope to get for Christmas this year, but they represent some of the gifts that we have received from our Heavenly Father.
I asked the children to each take a turn unwrapping a present, and we spent a few minutes talking about each gift/blessing. The gifts were items such as a picture of our family, a bag full of little toy animals, a little clock (time), a basket of plums (food), a picture book of countries to visit (the world), a gold-framed leaf (nature/plants), the scriptures, etc. I had wrapped about 15 different gifts to discuss, even though we only usually have 5 or 6 kids for our sharing time lessons (Brian had even teased me the night before, telling me I was getting a bit carried away). It turned out there were exactly enough presents for every child to open one! Talk about inspiration!
At the end, I pulled out a very large present, wrapped with lots of bows and special wrapping. I told the children that of all these gifts from Heavenly Father, there was one that is most special of all. They were each taking guesses as I unwrapped a picture of the Saviour. As they realized what it was, there was a sweet hush that came over the room. I quoted the scripture "For God so Loved the World" and talked about how special the gift of Christ is to us. I reminded them that while there are many gifts we give and receive each Christmas, the whole reason we celebrate is for Christ. We ended with a very sweet, calm spirit in the room -- a good reminder to me of the real spirit of Christmas.
4 comments:
That is wonderful I may have to steal that idea sometime.
Thank you for sharing that Kamber. How fun it is to see all of these recent entries. I am so sorry you were sick and am so glad you're better now. We really did have a nice time being w/ you guys, and are sad it's over I might add. That is neat that you were inspired to plan on extras and ended up having just enough. That sharing time sounds really neat, what a good idea!
Thank you for sharing this idea. You don't know me but I found your blog while looking for sharing time ideas for December. I love this idea.
Howdy,
When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here kambri.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research points that nearly 60% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.
About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.
Post a Comment