Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Third Trimester -- and Blooming!

It's official -- my third trimester has begun and this baby is less than three months from his due date (March 8, for those who aren't counting along with me). Brian is actually keeping better track than I am. He's the one who informed me of this special landmark occasion. Wahoo!

I'm starting to get the friendly belly pats from friends (will hopefully be a month more before strangers start in, too). And, I'm starting to get noticed for how "big" I am. Sensitive ladies at church are kind enough to tell me I'm "blossoming," "blooming," or I am getting that "pregnancy glow." Less sensitive examples are the man who tried to make polite conversation by telling me, "I've been noticing the last few weeks that you seem to be getting fatter and fatter." -- or, the doctor who treated Samantha last week who confidently guessed, "you must be in your last month!"

Yes, I'm getting bigger, and people are noticing the change. This little baby is kicking a lot. It's easy to see and feel him from the outside -- and hard to ignore him on the inside. I've got all the familiar aches and pains that came last pregnancy, as well as some new stitches and cramps that the doctor says are perfectly normal and should just be ignored. (Easy for him to say, of course.)
We've been discussing possible names for this baby. No wait, I should rephrase that to say I've been discussing possible names. Brian has been consistently vetoing almost everything, and kindly refusing to suggest any names of his own choosing because it's still "too soon." So, I call him William or James or Nathan since those are names I like (even though all three have been vetoed twenty times over).

Here's the obligatory pregnancy picture for y'all... At 6 months and two days, here I am with sweet baby James, or whatever he happens to be called eventually:

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Sooooo very cute! I don't think you look big at all. Seriously. You look great. Very pretty. I can see the glow from here. Now, if I saw you walk across that room and up the stairs I might have something different to say. I'm so sorry that your hip is giving you such grief. Sweet baby James will all be worth it. I love the name James and Nathan by the way. Good luck on that.

Rebecca said...

Kamber,
I agree with alicia, you are beautiful! I vote for James too!

:) coming out from the lurk-- Becca

ManicMandee said...

I think you look about like me when I've been about 3 months pregnant. I like the names you've chosen. Email me your address ok?

Lisa Michelle said...

Kamber, you look beautiful! And congrats on getting to the 3rd trimester! Almost there!!

Dalana and Mark said...

Kamber, I agree with the others, you look great and not big at all, really! I think everyone looks bigger in a dress when they're
pregnant, I know I did. Maybe that's why you get some comments of those comments at church. I once had someone at church say I looked humongous. Anyway, I know it's not fun. I like your boy names. I hope you and Brian come to a conclusion sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

why are people rude? This is one of my biggest pet peeves EVER. I HATE people commenting on my size. At the beginning its "Oh, I hate you, you are so small.." Yeah, well if you threw up 24 hours a day for 5 months you would lose some weight too. Its nothing to brag about. Then, you start to get a tummy and its, "Oh you're so big." Yeah, well, so are you, but at least I have an excuse, you're not even pregnant. ok, so I might not ACTUALLY say things to people, but I sure think them. There is nothing anyone can say that is nice when it comes to comments about size, so they should just not say ANYTHING. Anyone with me?

Anonymous said...

You look cute, Kam. Not too big, or anything....so just stay happy that you're able to keep moving around. When I was expecting Blaine, I waddled like a duck and felt like a blimp...long before I actually HAD him. But I know ladies that have had to take to their bed for months at a time, so I've always just stayed grateful that I could keep on moving around---going and doing. You look beautiful, and you're doing GREAT, babe!! Love, Mom