Wow! My plea for more comments really did bring some stalkers out of the woodwork! Thank you so much for writing and tuning in, it's really great to know people are reading along.
Instead of posting more Portugal pictures right now, I wanted to add a few cute pictures of Samantha from the last couple of weeks. She's been so cute and fun, I just don't want to forget all her cuteness at this stage.

The picture above is one that I took a few days ago. I like it because she looks a lot like I looked in some of my 2-3 year-old pictures. (Wish I had some here, and I'd post them, so you could see the resemblance.) Most of the time, people say "she sure looks just like her Dad." And I have to agree -- I see a lot of Brian in her. But I like sometimes seeing some of me, as well.
This next set of pictures should be titled "Brellies and Wellies." Last Saturday, we went to TescoXtra (kind of like a Super Wal-mart), and Samantha talked us into buying her a lovely pink umbrella (Brellie -- as she calls it, I think it's British -- surprise), and some really cute pink rain boots (Wellies, or Wellingtons, as they call them here). Sammie LOVES her new brellie and boots, and hardly lets them out of her sight for more than a few minutes. She took the umbrella to church with her Sunday, and has insisted on wearing her boots every day since we got them. Here are some pictures of her with her new toys...



Below... after church we had another family over for dinner. Her Sam poses with Kim and Lilly -- and her new Brellie.

Samantha has taken to finding new places to sleep-- or at least "pretend" to sleep. She gets her blanket and lays down under the desk in the office, in the crawl space by the couch, etc. A few days ago, I caught some cute pictures of her trying to sleep in her toy box that sits under our living room table. She had her blanket from her bed, and was trying to get comfy for a good sleep!


Her new favorite place to sleep is in Daddy's closet. Since Christmas, she's made a little bed on the floor where Brian keeps his shoes in his closet, almost every day we've been home. She brings in several stuffed animals, toys, and blankets to make her bed nice and cozy. I saw her try to put her toy car that she rides on into the closet one day, but it didn't fit, rats! Here are some cute shots of Sam "sleeping" in the closet.



She also loves to sleep her baby dolls in interesting places. Here's one shot of two dolls sleeping in the foot pedals of our cross trainer. They also been put to sleep under the table or bed, in kitchen drawers and cupboards, and on the piano bench. Usually they get a nice blanket and a stuffed animal to keep them happy.

One more funny picture of Samantha's outfit this afternoon. She's still not too good at getting herself dressed -- she asks "Mama help" most of the time. But she picks out some winners and I help her get the look she's after. She was THRILLED to find her "cute suit" (she says coot for cute) today and was confident she looked pretty stylish when she got it on -- she posed and said "cheese" for this picture.

That's our girl! She's a lot of fun, always into something new and entertaining. We sure love her so much. How will it be to have number two?!? (Seven and a half weeks left! yay!)
1 comment:
I don't know how cute her "coot suit" is, but she sure is a CUTE GIRL!! That first picture you posted, DOES look like you looked as a little girl. I think she looks like you more and more these days, actually.
Isn't she darling sitting up in her toybox--trying to make a bed out of it?? And I'm glad you posted that picture of the baby dolls laying in the "beds" of your exercise machine. I was talking on the phone to you the night she laid them there, and it's good to see them there like you described them. Thanks for letting us see how she's growing up and doing such sweet "coot" things!! Love, Mom (and Bam-maw!)
Post a Comment