Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Angel Girl


A couple of weeks ago, we had our church Christmas party -- a big breakfast, followed by a Christmas play and singing. It was really nicely done and we had a fun time. Samantha REALLY enjoyed the whole affair.

As they started setting up for the Christmas play, they told all the little primary children (who had been practicing for weeks) to go get their costumes on and sit on the risers. Samantha watched all these cute children coming out as shepherds and angels, sitting front-and-center on the risers. She got a big pouty frown and turned to me and said, "I want to do that too!!" I told her she could probably sit with them for a little while (thinking no one would really care, and it would last about 5 mins before she wanted to get down). She insisted that she also wanted an angel costume. I walked with her to the "costume" room, and the "costume" lady said they had a few extra tinsel halos and collars, luckily. So, Sammie pranced up to the stage all proud of her new angelic do! And... she STAYED there the WHOLE hour-long play! She sang with all the other children, she got goodies from Santa, and she looked sooo very cute.

Funny how much more interesting a Christmas play becomes when you have your OWN help-yourself angel to watch!


7 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Samantha looks so cute! I'm glad you have pictures so I don't just have to imagine how angelic she looked. :)

Lhone said...

What's amazing is that everyone around her looks bored, and she is just happy and standing at attention! How cute.

Elieson Family said...

That is hilarious. I tend to be so black/white with things, but this is a perfect example of how being flexible created the best atmosphere - way to go with your awesome parenting Kamber. She looks so cute.

ManicMandee said...

She IS an angel. Super cute stuff there.

Alicia said...

That is so funny. Of course she wanted to sing, she has quite the singing voice. And of course she wanted to get all done up like an angel. It looks so fun. Did she know the songs?

Joyce said...

Oh this reminds me of last year when Abby was in her little school play dressed as an angel. Nothing is cuter! Sam looks adorable! What is it about little girl angels...

Wade Hone said...

what a cute little Angel! I loved the story too, I laughed out loud at the thought of her joining the play that she was taken to see. love it!

-Wade out.