Sammie called Grandma Karen after we got home from church on her birthday. She said, "Hi Gramma Karen. I just called so you could wish me a Happy Birthday." Grandma Karen said, "Who is this?!?" HA! The truth is, Samantha sounded SOOO grown up that Grandma didn't even recognize her voice. Must be because she's THREE now!!
We had a fun time celebrating her birthday. On Saturday, she helped me make a cute little princess dolly birthday cake. I have to say, I'm proud of the way it turned out... much better then I expected! Samantha wanted to eat it right away, but we talked her into saving it for her birthday, so we could share with everyone and sing Happy Birthday to her.
She woke up on her birthday to streamers and special a Happy Birthday banner, which was very exciting. She immediately put on her princess dress-up dress, and started finding ways to reach the streamers...
At church, her nursery class sang to her and gave her a little box full of chocolates and candy. This was her last Sunday in nursery class, as we'll be away for the next few weeks -- when she gets back she'll be in Primary! Wow!!
We had family over for cake and ice cream after church. Samantha LOVES playing with her cousins, probably more than anything else. So, it was a perfect way to celebrate. She opened presents and had fun "sharing" them (or showing them off?)
We went to a little Christmas concert that Brian and I were singing in that night. Sammie loved the music, and loved sitting with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Reed. Then we played games, and Sammie even got to stay up a little late so she could play with the grown ups!
8 comments:
Looks like a great Birthday. I can't believe she is already 3!!
way to go on the cake! so cute! happy birthday sammie!
hey, can i get your guys' address? :)
Oh Kam--What a cute CAKE!! What a darling SAMMIE girl!! Everything sounds SO NICE!! I sure wish we could've been there to help participate in all the fun, but I'm glad you made it so very special for that little doll. Her presents looked so appropriate! I think she'll have a ball with that little vaccuum....and YOU, too, eh?
The videos were so precious---I watched them over and over---especially the one with Sam singing "Happy Birthday to Sammie". Wasn't that sweet??? She sure can carry a tune well!! Thanks, Babe, for taking the time to do these posts. I appreciate them SO MUCH!! Love, Mom
Happy Birthday!!! I bet she'll love going to primary. She is good at singing.
Happy Birthday Sammie Sue! I love the cake. And her singing is awesome. She's right on key and you can understand her. VERY impressive for a three year old. She will love singing in Primary. To Josh, that's what Primary is all about.
Kamber that cake is SOOO CUTE!! way to go!! Happy Birthday to Samantha!
Wow! You were right! That is an ADORABLE cake. I love it. Nice work. You are quite the artist! I would love to make a princess cake for Brie's birthday, but we are pulling into Bakersfield at midnight Christmas Eve and I just don't think I'll get it together for Christmas day. We are ordering one from Albertsons. Very cute.
It looks like Samantha had a great day. We thought about her on her big day and wished her a happy birthday from here.
From one mom to another who tortures herself by making homeade cakes, WELL DONE! It is precious, and it looks like you did that without a "pattern". TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment