Spencer may not remember his first birthday, but hopefully someday he'll enjoy looking at the pictures...

It's a little sail boat cake, if you can't tell. Nothing too creative, but sort of fun anyway.


He wasn't really thrilled with the candle-blowing part. I guess we didn't really explain it, and all of a sudden the lights were out and a flame was in his face... can hardly blame him for crying.

But he recovered, and fully embraced the experience of eating chocolate cake for the first time!



All done!!

We did cake on Sunday (his REAL birthday), with just our little family. Then, on Monday night, we had a fun party with all the Bishops, celebrating both Spencer's and cousin Seth's birthdays. My parents surprised us with a spontaneous overnight visit for the occasion. Yay! Good times all around... A pinata, musical chairs, more cake and ice cream, and tons of fun presents. Here are some highlight shots...
Seth really wanted a pinata for his birthday, which turned out to be so much fun for all the kids. I love this shot of him, posing before he bats at the pinata.

Samantha's turn...

Ella really got into it!

Cooper hit it hard enough to break the string twice, and then the handle!

John gave it a good smashing, as well...

Spencer even got to have a go, batting at the pinata with his hands...

And he LOVED watching all the action! Here he is, laughing with Grandma Karen...

Scrambling for candy, after Cooper finally broke it!

Spencer wasted no time claiming HIS tootsie pop!

And left a trail of stickiness all over our living room floor!

Some happy party-goers...


Spencer was fascinated by the presents, and "helped" unwrap most of them, even though he preferred stopping to play with each one (and the wrapping, bows, boxes, etc.)

He seemed to like his new Nemo ball best, but was also really interested in his new blocks, car, and sippy cup! Yay!!



Happy Birthday, Spencer boy. Thanks for coming over, to all the family in town! Samantha now wants Spencer to have another birthday, so we can have another cake, and another pinata.
7 comments:
wow. looks like fun. Oh, and I'm not Blaine, he was on my computer last!!!
lisa
Happy Birthday again to Spencer! Thanks for the idea to combine the two birthdays. We all had a really good time. I think Seth and Spencer were pleased with it, they both look so happy in the pictures. It was fun to see your parents, too.
Yeah, Happy Birthday Spencer! He's adorable. Thanks for visiting us last week. You were so sweet!
What a FUN party we all had!! I'm delighted that Grandpa Dennis suggested that we drive the 4 (or more) hours and come to that little guy's party. It turned out to be really enjoyable and I LOVED holding Spencer and having him laugh right out loud as he watched that Pinata getting hit. He was SO CUTE!!
And I thought it was so sweet how Sammie enjoyed the Musical Chairs game. Wasn't she precious? Thanks, Kam, for being so hospitable--you and Brian both. The food was GREAT, and we had a wonderful time there with you. Lots of Love, Mom
Wow. That looks like another GREAT cake and a VERY fun party. I wish we could have been there. What a lucky boy. And how cool that your parents showed up. Awesome. Spencer looks so happy with it all.
P.S. We all like Samantha's hair down like you've done it in these last pictures. It looks so pretty.
Cute Cake Kamber. You really made me laugh, with the comment you wrote on Amy's blog. I love your blog. It's amazing how many family members have blogs, so fun to look at. Our address is nathanandkristina.blogspot.com
That party was fun - thanks for having us! I think the real fun was the pinata, what's not fun about smacking something only to be rewarded with sweet treats? I love all the pictures!
Post a Comment