Friday, February 06, 2009

Living Color!

Big, BIG, B I G THANK YOU to my lovely cousin, Serenity, and her daughter, Brecken, who volunteered to have Sammie come play for a day this week... so Sammie's mommy could paint! Sammie LOVED having a play date with Brecken and all Brecken's toys.

In the meantime, here at home, I spent the entire day painting (and occasionally patting Spencer's head or handing him a cracker, etc.). After our start-up painting experience (explained in my previous posts), I was afraid it would all be quite the fiasco. But once I got going, things actually came together much more quickly than I anticipated. So... in one day, I finished the trim in Sam's room, painted the wall in our bedroom, and painted the kitchen wall, as well. Here are the results...
Spence loves Sam's new room. Above, he waves hello while holding onto her bed (which he just learned to climb up on!). It looks purplish, here, but really it's pink pink pink. (Check out Spencer's darling little snaggle tooth. He's cutting the second front tooth now, so these one-tooth-smile dayse are almost at an end.)More of a full-room shot, below. It will look more complete (and even more pink) once we get her pink stripey curtains hung and the pink butterfly pictures on the wall. Eventually we'll add a white board to cut between the two pink colors... not yet, but sometime soon.
Here's the lovely kitchen wall... golden honey yellow. I love it, especially at night.
And a daytime view...Here's our new little "computer nook" in the corner, with my new cute little laptop sitting at it's new roll-top desk home.
This picture shows the colors best, I think. Plus, I love the "peaches" sign, and how well it matches the paint.
I also love the green hutch on the yellow wall. Brian laughs at how much I love it, but it just turned out sooo much better than I even expected. And it was easy and fast!
Here's a shot of our bedroom wall. It's the same color as the kitchen, but the lighting is totally different (darker) in our room, so it looks like a different color to me. I have big plans for decorating that wall. Stay tuned!!
And, last but not least, I thought I'd add some pictures of our new couches. These shots don't show the reddish-orange and gold accents in the couch, but they show the overall look of the room. A nice change and so fun to see things coming together like we want them to look!

Once more, big thanks to Reni for her help in our decorating projects!! And thanks to Brian for putting up with all my woes and frets as we got things organized. Next paint project -- Spencer's room. It might be awhile though. :)

8 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I got into decorating with our first 2 homes we owned, and now I just don't have much of a desire. What's wrong with me.

Can I borrow you for about a week or two to light the flame in me?

Everything looks fantastic!!! Great job.

Mel said...

That looks awesome. I especially love the yellow wall. I'll have to remember that when we get to painting our "real" house someday. It's very calming. And I love the pink pink pink room! The two shades look really good, and I can picture the white chair rail. So cute. Perfect for a princess!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I love all the paint and furniture changes in your house! Very cute! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

Anonymous said...

Sis--YOU ARE AMAZING! Paint is so awesome and luckily we live in the paint era and not the wallpaper era like our poor moms:) Love all of it, your house is so nice and you can decorate! Why do you think you can't? Great job--home is the most important place to be and since we're always there why not add a little color and make it ours? (Unless it isn't ours well--mine, and it's your mother-in-laws house?)Well ya get what I'm trying to say. I will post some of my painting, hopefully on Sunday! Have a great weekend, I can't wait to see you and the kiddos.....Chop-Chop

Lhone said...

Congrats on the accomplishment. Painting is so much work! You better get Spencer's room done so he doesn't bask in the pinkness too long!

Randi said...

I LOVED the yellow wall and the green hutch, too! I can't tell you how badly I want a yellow kitchen. And that color you picked is my ideal shade. Sammie's room looks totally great, too! I would have killed for a room like that when I was a kid. Congratulations on a job well done!

Alicia said...

You really did it! Yeah! Congrats. Isn't it exciting and incredible what a big change paint on the wall can make. I love it. The green hutch up against that yellow is FANTASTIC! It looks like the perfect country kitchen. Great work. I can not wait to see it in person.

Where are you by the way? And when are you coming here? Call me, please.

Amy said...

Wow, it all looks really good, Kam. It's funny, 'cause I just finished painting the kids rooms. It was such a pain I vowed to never paint again...Seth says I can't quit 'til our bedroom is done :(