Monday, April 20, 2009

Back-bloggin'

First, Happy late Easter. In case I don't ever get our Easter pictures up, here's my shout out about the very lovely Easter we celebrated. It was lovely. We sang in the choir at church, talked a lot about the resurrection and Atonement of Christ, painted Easter eggs, and gorged on candy for a solid week. It was wonderful. Now, on to back-logging this blog...
Yes, I'm waaaaaay overdue on the blogging front, I know. I have many reasons and excuses this time. But none of them seem worth dwelling on. So, let's just say, I've had a case of grumpyness, loneliness, irritability, busyness, sleepyness and general slumpyness, all rolled into one. (I know, that sounds like a pregnancy annoucement doesn't it? but I assure you, it is NOT.) Anyway, I'm afraid I may be losing the blogging bug. Maybe even permanently. hmm... So, instead of philosophizing for several paragraphs about the less-positive way I've been feeling lately (yawn) I'm just going to put my limited blogging energy into uploading and organizing some pictures for y'all. 

From last month, here are some of the fun shots from when we celebrated my mom's and grandma's birthdays. Samantha was VERY excited about both grandmas' presents!
She also loved the HUGE balloons that Grandma Karen had for her party!
Ryan and Tristan quickly turned them into swords... Boys!
Festive celebratory dinner for the birthday girls... We missed Blaine and Lisa, who weren't able to make it this time. 
Cousin Sara was really excited about holding Spencer. It doesn't look like Spence was as excited, as it turns out...
At the kids table... Funny, I used to sit there, for many, many years. I remember the punch mustaches, olives, the whole bit!
Next occurance... Well, we've been spending time in our yard, or garden as we still prefer to call it. We bought fruit trees and planted them in the back garden for Family Night a few weeks back. Samantha has wanted to plant something every day since then. She goes out to the empty lot next to us, picks dandelions and purple weed. Then she digs holes in our yard and "plants" her flowers. Cutie. Here's the shots from our tree planting...

It looks darker than it was, just because of the flash. 
Spencer was not too thrilled, because he hated the grass. He cried and pulled his hands up under him, and got really frustrated every time I tried to sit him down. But he's getting used to it now.

Here's another picture, from before Spencer got used to the grass. Brian had the kids one afternoon while I was running some errands. He was working outside, so he strapped Spencer into his car seat to watch, which was the only way Spence was happy!
More back yard play... Here's Samantha, playing "hide and seek" with Daddy... I love, love, love watching her play. She makes Daddy count in the middle of the back yard, while she finds some corner to hide in, where she scrunches down and puts her hands over her eyes, peeking through her fingers, like so...



I just love this little picture of Samantha and her cousin, Seth, "dancing" together at Grandma and Grandpa's house. What cuties!! We've seen a lot of Seth lately, and it's been very fun to watch him and Sam figure out a friendship pattern that works for them. Last night, Sam told us (and Seth) repeatedly, "I am Seth's very good friend." 
And a few more shots of our little mischief makers... Yes, the plants are still a favorite food source for Spencer. He attacked Mark and Dalana's freshly watered plants last night (sorry for the mess!)

He loves his bath, and his puppy hoodie towel, and has a fascination with our big soaker tub, especially now that he's figured out how to turn the tap on!
Spencer's favorite place to be... the fridge!
Sam joins him, not to be outdone by her little bro...
His second favorite place... the freezer! (These are all separate days, but notice the look of excitement on his face each time. Sooooo fun!!)

One of Spencer's other loves... the dishwasher! I open it, and he comes crawling as fast as he can.I think he must have a six sense to know when the dw is opened, even if I'm trying to do a "silent" unload. He always finds out and comes over to "help."


Two cuties going for "rides" in the laundry basket. They love having me push them around the room, but man, they're getting heavy for that game!

That's about as many pictures as one post should have, dontcha think? And I still have many more I could add. I guess I should start posting more often so I wouldn't be so behind. Baby steps. Little bitty baby steps. One post with way too many pictures is still a start, right?

G'night, y'all!

7 comments:

Wade Hone said...

yay! thanks sister Kam! I love the pictures and the stories!

talk to ya soon.

-Wade

Karen said...

Hey Kam, I talked w/you last night and you said you were Blogging, so I hopped out of bed bright and early this morning---just 'specially so I could come see what you "blogged"!! And, man, was I REWARDED!! Cute, cute pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to put 'em up! They all look like you're really truly back to "Real Life in the States"!! Love, Mom

Lhone said...

I hope you don't stop blogging. Its the only way we see your kids (and you guys) regularly. Plus, Blogging is my escape from life. Just to take a minute and not be responsible. I couldn't give it up! Anywho... cute pics, and it looks like Bryson and Spencer are peas in a pod. They would love to hang out in the fridge together or on the dishwasher, or eat plants. They must be boys.

Joyce said...

Congrats on your post. I am feeling the same way with the blog. I am just doing small posts with no pictures or very few... it helps a lot. Though I now have thousands of pictures I could put up but I don't care. If it is not updated completely big deal! It was nice to talk to you the other day...

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Kamber-
Very cute pics! I feel the same way about blogging, especially recently. I'm trying to keep on truckin' though, 'cause I know I'll regret it if I stop. Is Spencer taking any "baby steps" yet? :)

Mel said...

Very cute pics. I agree with Lisa you better not stop blogging because it keeps us up to date between visits. And really, a post every two weeks isn't that bad. My kids also love the laundry basket. I had to limit playing with it to laundry day only. I got sick of finding piles of dirty rags dumped in front of the washer so they could have a "car". You should teach Sammie to push Spencer, she'd just the right height. J-Man loves pushing Ya-Ya around.

Anonymous said...

Sis- I'm so glad you posted! It's just one more thing to do, but I actually enjoy it:) I had my first "pack" mtg ever tonite with our cub master--Deann. It wasn't too bad, I'm not big into scouting--why would I be, but I think that's about to change. Anyway I came home and told Ben how fun it was and that I really just felt like I was with you for an hour and a half. Except she has blonde hair and 7 more kids than you:))) I love being around her, but it makes me miss you, because you are SO much alike. What does your week look like from May 17-22?? And would the week days be better or the weekend. I was thinking of coming for 2 nights?? Call me and let me know! Have a great day--I love ya tonz
P