Here's the baby and the "brotherhood," minus my dad, who went home early... (I'm particularly partial to the one on the far right, in glasses.)


It was our first chance to meet him, so I was especially excited to hold and cuddle him. He is about 6 weeks old now, and such a little cuddly chub of a newborn. Look at these yummy pictures!


We had a big family dinner afterward. I couldn't stop eating. Seriously, I developed an addiction to my sister-in-law's mother's rolls and homemade raspberry freezer jam. I know there are other sufferers from this addiction, so some of you out there can sympathize. I also had to reassure my mother that her peanut butter bar cookies were indeed very tasty --- by eating three or four, or maybe five of them. Sigh. It's like they picked me to single-handedly clean up any food that might be left after everyone went through the line once. I've been paying for it this week with my sluggishness and lack of enthusiasm for exercise. Getting back on the wagon tomorrow. Promise.
I took a few cute pictures of some of the grandkids, while we were all gathered together. Thought I'd share...
Little BJ, showing us the big scratch on his arm. Look at that sad, sad little face! You bet he got plenty of sympathy from us!!
Little Sara, tuckered out and fast asleep on her grandpa's lap.
Princess Sammie. No matter where she is, she always finds the princess gear. She came up with this pose on her own, too!
Anna, glaring at me for taking her picture. She still looks at me like "how do you know my name??" every time I talk to her. One day we'll be buds. Won't we??
Spence, standing up and posing like a champ! He love the little red light on our new camera, which comes on right before the pictures takes, so we get some good shots that we owe to the Canon. yay! Btw, Spencer started walking this week! If I can catch a video of him I'll have to post it sometime soon. It's adorable.
Three manly Hone Bros. See the resemblance??
It was a nice weekend, though a short trip for us... We got there Saturday at 5:30 pm and left on Sunday by 7 pm. (Our plan was that we'd leave late in the evening and our kids would sleep all the way home. Bad plan; the kids were AWAKE and restless and overtired ALLLLLL the way home, errr at least almost all the way!) Anyway, we had a fun time and loved seeing that baby!
7 comments:
Wow. I have so much to catch up on. I haven't checked blogs in awhile and there are so many new posts from you. Maybe I'll just look at pictures and then call you to catch me up. I am glad you got to have such a fun time with the Hone family at home in Blackfoot. It looks great and it's always neat to see your brothers and their kids. I was also sad to read about your dad. It really made me sad. I hope he is at least out of all that pain and is getting better. That sounds horrible. And Spencer is walking ? Yeah!!! Talk to you soon.
Thanks for coming, it was good to have everyone here. And don't worry, you're not the only one with an addiction to the rolls and jam or the PB bars. I've tried them on my own and they are just not the same.
sorry about the kids on the way home. it was fun seeing you guys. We'll have to do it again, only for longer next time.
Great stuff there.
So how's your dad doing?
Cute pictures, Kam. I'm glad to see you're taking time to post stuff, and it's nice to see the pictures of some of the kids---(even though the kids generally weren't too HAPPY to be photographed, it seemed!) :)
I was just telling DeeAnn yesterday, how relaxing that little gathering was for me. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with all those gals in the kitchen--but knowing that your dad was lying at home in pain, made me cut my visit a bit short. It was sure fun while it lasted, though! New babies are GREAT reasons for gatherings!!
Thanks for the post, I love reading your blog. You have such a cute family.
Kam, I have your homemade gift, I wish that I could mail it, but it would cost me a fortune. You have to tell me when you will be here next or when your mom or dad goes there! I really want to get it to you! love ya
Post a Comment