And that special person is Randi Johansen, our lovely and dear friend who lives in Seattle and made this whole trip possible. We actually went to see her and spend time with her; that was the whole reason for even planning a trip to Seattle. But, we didn't take ANY pictures together, can you believe?! So, this first post about our trip will be pictureless, in honor of Randilicious.
Part of the reason we didn't get pictures is because most of our time with Randi was spent in the late hours of the evening, I guess? Who takes pictures in lounge wear, at 11pm? Plus, Rand was a little under the weather while we were there and who wants their picture taken when they're a sickie?? But that's really no excuse. So, next time we visit, Randi dear, you WILL be photographed extensively -- consider yourself warned.
Let me say a little bit about Randi, while I'm here. She's one of my most favorite people in the world, one of those friends who just feels like part of the family. We met in Boston, where we were roommates for two very wonderful years. She has exquisite taste in shoes and desserts, and has the most extensive collection of MAC make-up I've ever seen -- and she knows how to wear it! Seriously, when Randi gets made up, she looks absolutely stunning; I think it's partly that perfect shade of red hair, or her amber eyes? Randi is the person I'd pick to go shopping with me ANY day, as long as I'm up for spending some money on some very tasteful clothes and perfect accessories. She's also the person I'd pick to cook dinner for me, even though she's super critical of her work and would never claim to do dinner very well. Her REAL specialty and passion is dessert, and she can make the best pastries, hands down. She works as a sous-chef at a pastry kitchen for 5 classy restaurants in downtown Seattle. Her coconut cream pies sell in one of the restaurant's bakery for $35 apiece! No joke; I saw it yesterday, tasted a miniature last Saturday. Delish!
Okay, so on top of all this, Randi is the most sensitive, loyal, easy going friend. She's a wondeful listener -- the kind who really takes things to heart and gives honest, supportive feedback. She can sense my bad moods, and knows how to talk me through them without making me feel bad for troubling her with my problems. She plays a mean game of Catan, but can also be nice about it, if that makes sense. Also, she knows soooo much about music, movies, classic literature, and the British monarchy. Who knew!? So many good things about Randi. I guess this trip just made me realize how great she is, and how much I miss her. If a picture's worth a thousand words, well then, here's my attempt at picturing Randilicious. Thanks for a great trip, Rand!
5 comments:
Oh, Kamboni. You sweet thing. What a nice post...although you forgot to mention how much I know about baseball, art, parenting, and reality television. But that's OK. You can't expect one post to capture it all, I suppose.
It was so great to have you around. I sure do love and miss you kids terribly. Sigh!
I can't wait to see you again. I can't promise I'll allow any photos next time either, but we can negotiate that when the time comes. I love you!
What a sweet posting. And I am dying to see photos of Seattle! You are really getting around Kamber! When do we get to host you?
Here, here. I second everything you said about our dear Randilicious. One day we'll make it to Seattle too to taste one of those $35 pies!
What a delightful description of our Randi girl, Kam!! What a great Tribute to a wonderful girl! And what a very TYPICAL REPLY Randi gave (above)!! :) Did you mention that Randi has such a FANTASTIC SENSE OF HUMOR??? :)
I'm so glad WE got to meet her, know her, and taste her delicious cooking, TOO! Dennis still raves on about her marvelous Key Lime Pie we had while in Boston with you and Randi. WOW--to cook for FIVE Seattle restaurants! How SPLENDID!! (we look forward to future pictures...) Love, Mom
I could use mores friends like that! Glad you had a good time. I love Victoria. Love love love it.
Post a Comment