The Butchart Gardens are simply amazing! The tulips were at full bloom while we were there, and so fragrant and colorful. The history behind the garden is that the Butchart family started this private garden back around 1900. It is now Canada's most seen private attraction (according to a sign we read.) The famous sunken garden was originally an old limestone quarry that they dug out and filled with premium top soil, etc. It really was fabulous to see it all. I'm mostly going to let the pictures speak for themselves... Sam, in the Japanese garden... The family's private cove, where water planes still land today. Zoom in below, to see Spencer trying to escape to take a dip in the pool... Samantha doing her "princess" pose, in her own little gazebo... Samantha and Spencer played on this little set of steps for probably half an hour. It was fun just watching them while enjoying the calm and lovely surroundings.
Samantha, practicing her "yoga exercises" .... The famous sunken garden, from the top... We couldn't stop taking pictures, as you can tell. It was just so beautiful!
ahhhh.. Kamber, these are so beautiful. I visited Butchart Gardens with my parents several years ago-- and you've captured my memories perfectly. To this day my favorite wall paper on my computer is the shot I got if the daisies lining the walkways. Thanks for sharing your trip!!
hey sis, these pics and write ups are excellent! I can't belive I Was so behind on reading your blog!!!
I know I tried to talk you out of pronouncing 'buchart gardens' the way you did, but a quick search on Google found this little tip from another famous Garden... :
don't fancy-up the pronunciation; it is properly pronounced "Butch-ert"
Soooo, I stand corrected! (at least until I can find another google sorce to back MY argument up heh.)
oh, and after seeing your pics, I'm positive that the gardens is a place that I have never visited myself! I thought I had been to every thing in Victoria, but apperantly not!
the other posts were excellent as well, I won't comment on each of them, but I do thank you for putting the time in to update us all with the goings on of your life!
Wow those pictures are awesome! And I'm sure it was even better in person. I wish our camera would capture flowers like that...I'm sure its not the person taking them :) Looks like such a fun trip!!
9 comments:
Like, WOW - the sunken garden is amazing! Thanks for posting these gorgeous pictures!
I LOVE Butchart Gardens. It is so amazing. And Victoria too, I loved walking around all the little shops. I'm so jealous!
ahhhh.. Kamber, these are so beautiful. I visited Butchart Gardens with my parents several years ago-- and you've captured my memories perfectly. To this day my favorite wall paper on my computer is the shot I got if the daisies lining the walkways. Thanks for sharing your trip!!
hey sis, these pics and write ups are excellent! I can't belive I Was so behind on reading your blog!!!
I know I tried to talk you out of pronouncing 'buchart gardens' the way you did, but a quick search on Google found this little tip from another famous Garden... :
don't fancy-up the pronunciation; it is properly pronounced "Butch-ert"
Soooo, I stand corrected! (at least until I can find another google sorce to back MY argument up heh.)
oh, and after seeing your pics, I'm positive that the gardens is a place that I have never visited myself! I thought I had been to every thing in Victoria, but apperantly not!
the other posts were excellent as well, I won't comment on each of them, but I do thank you for putting the time in to update us all with the goings on of your life!
thanks sis!
Wade -Out.
Love the new photo on your header.
Butchart Gardens is so wonderful! You could spend an entire day there.
wow...gorgeous.
Wow!! What a gorgeous place! I so need to take a vacation so I can get some good pics :)
These pictures are just FANTASTIC!! Thanks, Kam, for taking the time to put all these in here and let us take a little scenic trip with you. love, mom
Wow those pictures are awesome! And I'm sure it was even better in person. I wish our camera would capture flowers like that...I'm sure its not the person taking them :) Looks like such a fun trip!!
Post a Comment