Thursday, July 30, 2009

Some fun pictures

I'm realizing now that there's noooo way I'm going to sit down and properly blog about all the fun things we've done over the past months. So, in no real order (because I don't want to take time to put them in REAL order), I'm uploading a bunch of pictures from our "outings" and "trips." Maybe some other time I'll get to write about them, but for now, just the picts....

Lavendar festival... This is one of my new favorite pictures I've ever taken. I want to see what it looks like blown up....
This festival was amazing! 1800 lavendar plants, and people are invited to come pick their own bunches and buy all the fancy stuff from the vendors as well.

There was lavendar lemondade, lavendar cookies, and lavendar ice cream. All of them tasted a little flowery, but kind of refreshingm, in a lavendar way??
The All-Horses Parade, opening the Snake River Stampede week of the famous Rodeo (see last year for real rodeo pictures!)..
Samantha loved the ones with flowers or braided tails...
Spectators, Madison (who LOVES horses), Sammie, and Zachary...

We shelled thousands of peas this summer. It was A LOT of work. It makes me want to tour a pea factory and see how it is that they can sell what took me 5-6 hours to pick, shell, wash and freeze in a 10 oz. bag for a DOLLAR!? Five to six HOURS of work, for a dollar's worth of peas?
The long-awaited Phelps Family reunion (we're all sitting for the traditional "family program," that lasted traditionally long, ha!)
At the reunion, Sam got to make her own hat and baton, and got her face painted to walk in the kids' parade. She was less impressed with the parade, mainly because we didn't bring her scooter. Oh well.
She even rode a horse! So brave and so exciting!
A country pioneer home, in Oakley Idaho, a long way from anywhere, on one of our long country drives...
View from the top of a mountain, on a back-road drive...
The road less traveled... (literally, it was pretty rough, but gorgeous!)
Sam and her wildflower bouquet, posing perfectly like a princess...
Sam's 4th of July hair-do, thanks to Lisa LaPierre for the gorgeous patriotic bow!

Perfect fire for hotdogs and smores. And yes, I made Sammie get her sandals on after this picture!
A perfect camping spot...
We put Spencer in the little tent in his pack-n-play. It was the perfect solution... we all slept ALL night long!
Experimenting with some more new Sammie hair do's.
In trouble, again. For eating the plant, AGAIN!
Cousins on the stairs! Why is it stairs seem to be a constant source of entertainment?!
My grumpy girl, doesn't want to go home after a fun swimming outing...

Sneaky Ava got allll wet!
I see London, I see France... I see Sammie's underpants!
But Brie started it!
How many hundreds of pictures do we have of Spence, just sitting in his stroller, sucking his finger? But he's so cute....

Brie said, "We get to take a bath in Kamber's big ol' tub!" Sam corrected her, "No, it's not old. It's still pretty new."
Oh

5 comments:

Karen said...

What cute pictures! Kam--When in the world did you possibly find time to post this??? I know you had that fun dinner party last night, so I certainly didn't expect you to find time for up-dating us on these things, but thanks for your fine work!

Isn't that Lavendar Festival SOMETHING?? I didn't even know they GREW lavendar in Idaho, and I had no idea FOOD was made from the lavendar plant!

Doesn't that little Spencer look like a darling ANGEL---sitting so calmly in his stroller---(not exactly while he's eating the plant dirt, though...) And doesn't Sammie look like the beautiful princess she THINKS she is, while she's holding that lovely bouquet of wildflowers??! She's SO CUTE in ALL the pictures, actually!! And she gets SO INVOLVED in everything! I LOVE her enthusiasm!! Thanks for taking the time for putting these in, Kam. (We're all anxious now, to hear of your triumphant feat from this past Thursday!!) Love, Mom

Elieson Family said...

Oh, those are breathtaking views! I love them! I have a lavendar plant that I started a year ago, and the way it is thriving, you'd think I could go into business. I was wondering what people did with them besides express the oil for other uses? Not sure I want to eat essence of lavendar though...

Joyce said...

Looks like you have had a busy summer and lots of fun. Sammie looks so big now. I can't get over it.

Anonymous said...

Sis-Did you secretly go to beauty school?? So darling:) Looks like you've had a fun, busy summer!!

Anonymous said...

Sis-Did you secretly go to beauty school?? So darling:) Looks like you've had a fun, busy summer!!