Sunday, July 26, 2009

Update

Oh, I'm getting so behind. And I keep thinking of all the posts I need to write, all the pictures I need to load, and it sounds like soooo much, so I keep staying behind. Well, this isn't really going to catch me up with all the fun "outings" and such, because I'm not planning on adding any pictures. But it's a start. So, here's our latest, in no particular order...

-- We're looking for a second car. Not big news for anyone who's talked to us in the past month or so. We've been looking for awhile. The funny thing about our "looking" process is that we go allllll over the board -- new, used, brand-name, cheapy, midsize, smaller, crossover, $10K range, $5K range, -- we've basically seen everything that's out there. (Sorry to those of you who have received phone calls from us about "how do you like your car? should we buy one like yours?") We are wishy-washies on this. Terrible. But the hard line is, we want a second car, a four-door sedan that Brian can use to get around. We want low miles, low price if possible, and good gas mileage. You'd think we'd be able to come to some conclusion, eh? Wish us luck!!

-- Samantha is signed up for swimming lessons next week. It is the THRILL of her little three-year-old life! In fact, she got some goggles earlier this week in preparation, and has been sleeping with them and her swimming suit. She even took both goggles and suit on our car hunts this week, putting them on the seat beside her in each car we test-drove.

-- Spencer is almost ready to go to NURSERY at church. (I write on a Sunday, so I'm full of anticipation after experiencing a fresh round of rampaging during Sunday School today). I think he's going to LOVE nursery. And WE will LOVE LOVE LOVE it, too. I'm not a mom who doesn't want my baby to grow up... at least not when it comes to church nursery. 18 months is three Sundays away, and I can hardly wait!

-- I'm training for a triathlon. Serious. It's just a little one, but I'm excited about it. Remember when I announced I started running with a friend a couple months ago? Well, it stuck. We've been running together since then, mostly every day. We also do some biking days and swimming days. So, in a week and a half, we're going to be in a real live triathlon in downtown Boise. How very exciting. Only, we heard the pond where we'll be swimming is pretty gross... mossy and junk. But we'll hopefully be in and out quickly, and on to the bikes. yay!

-- Our wedding anniversary is this week -- five years! I feel like we should be doing something huge to celebrate. Maybe a cruise, or a big long vacation? I'm just dreaming, and instead planning a little overnight getaway at a B&B, if we can make it. And a trip to the temple. Not a bad way to celebrate five wonderful years, eh?

-- Brian has been ssuuuuper busy lately, working on some "projects" up in his little office. I don't know details, so you'd have to ask him what he's up to. But I do know we haven't seen much of him, and when we do see him, he seems to have his "thinking cap" on. I like to see him so busy. We'll see where this takes us in the coming months.

Okay, I'm running out of steam here. Better get to bed soon. Just felt like I needed to write a bit and say hey to the blogging world. Later...

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Nice update Kamber.

Happy Anniversary to you guys! I hope you enjoy it.

You'll have to post photos of Sam at her swim lessons. That will be so cute.

Good luck on the car search. That is fun I think!

Karen said...

Good Up-date, Kam. I look forward to seeing you when you're in our neck of the woods for your B&B stay next week....I KNOW you'll be stopping by here, considering that your two little ones need a place to stay while you're out "celebrating"....and considering that this Grandma is VERY eager to have them come!!

I found an ideal car for you today here in our town--it's a gorgeous 2005 white cadillac with a built in Navigation system, with low miles and fantastic amenities...for only $10,500! If I didn't already have a car that I'm very pleased with, I'd be for getting THAT one!! Tell Brian!!

I can't BELIEVE my little girl is going to do a Triathalon---but I'm sure proud of you for all your efforts, and certainly wish you a lot of LUCK!! Love, Mom

Mel said...

Look at You! No wonder you have no time to blog! GOod Luck on the triathalon.