Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Preschool

Today was Samantha's first day of preschool. Actually, she was supposed to start last week, but because we were gone, she started today. She was VERY excited to go, and LOVED every minute of it. We decided to put her into a Spanish preschool program. I was amazed at how inquisitive she was about "what does that mean in Spanish?" All afternoon she was asking me "Spanish" questions, wondering how to say certain things. We covered all the family member words, please and thank you, a few colors, etc. Day 1 -- a success!

I was really nervous for her, and kept debating whether we should try preschool right now. But so far, so good. I wish we had a camera to post some pictures of how cute she looked this morning. She put on her new school pants that are still just a little long on her. And then she sat sooooooo still as I did her hair. That's a first, and one I'm ready to repeat on many more school mornings! ha!

One funny thing, I spent so much time getting her ready this morning, I just kind of fluffed up my hair and put on one of my work-out shirts so I could run her to school. She took one look at me and said, in a very matter-of-fact tone: "Um, is that the shirt you were thinking of wearing?"

I looked at it, then at her little incredulous face. I paused before asking, "Did you think maybe I should wear something different?"

"Yes, please."

I was laughing to myself as I rummaged through my closet to find an appropriate shirt -- one that wouldn't embarrass my daughter. She finally gave her approval when I pulled out a nice button-up blouse. Wow. Am I really already a possible "Embarrasing Mom" candidate?!

10 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I love that about Sammie. So fashion smart! Good thing she rescued you and her from humiliation.

mitzi said...

Very mature little preschooler! It was fun to find your photos at the fair!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Hey, speaking of photos, how did they do?
Sammy is so cute! She makes me laugh - I'm glad she was so excited for preschool! That must have been a load off your mind.

Karen said...

MY MY, KAM--SHE'S ONLY THREE!!! (But I certainly can imagine her saying that! She's very observant!) I know she's pretty "fashion conscious" but I'm wondering--did you manage to keep her from wearing her skirt over her pants...??? (Love, Mom)

Leslie said...

So hilarious - the shirt comment!

Leslie said...

So hilarious - the shirt comment!

Kristina said...

That's so funny, Hannah does that to me too. Don't you love daughters so honest and always looking out for you. I'm not sure if I have ever given you our blog address nathanandkristina.blogspot.com
Take care

Mel said...

So cute. 3 going on 12 I'd say. Although I think I could use the fashion police at my house some days. I have been known to get back from the store and look at myself in the mirror and think. You wore THAT in public! SHe's such a cutie.

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

I love that story. I wanted to see a picture of her though. Such a big girl!

Joyce said...

Oh wow! So Brian finally gave approval for preschool, huh? How nice that she is in a spanish one. I loved having Abby in the little greek one. It was fun not that she even remembers anything she learned. Yours sounds better since Brian speaks spanish and he can continue working with her.