What's a mom to do, but dress her up and take her to the Stake Center so she could "see the prophet speak?!" It was a rainy, cold day, and when we got to the church building, there was only one other car in the lot. Also, there was only one other person in the chapel -- a 16-yr-old young man who was probably just there to make sure the broadcast was streaming properly in case anyone came to watch.
Well, Samantha and I settled in a couple of rows from the back. I had brought along some crayons and paper and a few things, in case she lost interest. But she was glued for the first half hour. She LOVED the singing, and seemed quite interested in the speakers as well. Then her attention waned and she colored, took a few "bathroom breaks," played in the foyer, etc. I called her in during the last 15 minutes, so she could see President Monson give his closing remarks. Again, she was glued, and especially loved the closing hymn.
That night, as I was tucking her into bed, Sammie said the sweetest prayer. She thanked Heavenly Father for a good day, asked for Daddy to be safe, asked that we could drive home safely the next day, please bless Spencer to sleep good, bless our swing set and fence to be safe, and that Mommy can cheer up and be happy even when Daddy is gone.
It was so cute, and so very thorough. As she closed, I kissed her goodnight and thanked her for saying such a nice prayer for all our family. She got a really big smile and said, "Mom! That was almost a General Conference prayer!"
Too precious! She really is growing up, isn't she?
6 comments:
That made my day! She is so darn cute!!! Today Maggie told me she was Sammie and wants to know when she can come and sleep over?? Which reminds me....are you coming up to Skyler's farewell? If you need to stay here, you can. How is the single life? I feel bad for you, and I've been meaning to call you---maybe it's time I make a "to-do" list:D It made me feel so good that there are other people who don't get things done that have been on there "LIST" for ever, too! I love ya, hang in there!!
SO sweet. What a cutie.
That is so precious!
How sweet is that!
That Sammie girl says such PROFOUND prayers!! I'm always amazed at her, but to think she recognized that it was like a "General Conference Prayer" is just SO SMART of her!!! What a DOLL! Love, Mom--'a doting grandma'!
How cute! I just love hearing our little ones pray. Isabella also comes up with such sweet things to pray for. I also hope that you're happy even though Brian is gone!
Post a Comment