So, I just got stuck and no blogging happens. I have to remind myself that the point of my blog (and the rest of you may have other points to your blogs, of course) is just to send a shout and and let people know what's going on with our little life here. I'm not out to capture every waking detail of life in the Bishop household. I'm not trying to keep a journal here (believe it or not, I actually DO have one of those, and have already recorded Spencer's birthday in there, pat-on-my-back.) I just like the feeling of "staying connected" with people, sharing some interesting tidbits, ya know?
Well, so, no apologies about no pictures (again). This time I'm just throwing out some of those "tidbits" that y'all may or may not find interesting...
-- Spencer DID have a birthday and IS such a sweet two-year-old boy! He's big, big, big... 97th percentile on the height chart. And a big head, too, like his daddy, hee hee. He has the sweetest little voice, the biggest blue eyes, and the loooongggest lashes ever. (I put mascara on him one day when I caught him rifling through my make-up bag. Whoah!! If he were a girl...)
-- Samantha has been learning about dinosaurs and planets at school lately. She's also become addicted to her afternoon "movie time" while Mom and Spence nap. I'm sad about that, because she used to be our girl who really didn't care whether the tv was off or on. But just last week, I was watching her color and I said something about how nicely she colors. Her response: "Yeah, but coloring is not my favorite thing. My VERY favorite thing is watching tv." Ahh... it was inevitable, wasn't it? It's like when a kid learns the name of McDonald's. sigh.
-- I planted fake flowers in the pots in front of our house. hee hee. And they look GREAT!!! I just kept wishing and waiting for the moment when I was going to feel good enough to plant all those bulbs, and buy some packs of pansies, etc. Then, I was at Joann's Fabric, and I saw these darling little pink heatherish looking plants, 40% off. Well, for my $10 and three minutes that it took to arrange them in the dirt in the pots, we now have adorable silk heather in our front flower pots... and I'm even getting compliments on them, people asking what kind they are, and so on. Best part is, I don't have to remember to water them (which, my house plants could tell you, is a GOOD thing.)
-- I tried spray painting a little night table for Samantha's room. And failed. You've probably all seen someone's blog or someone's creativity in their own home... people who take a perfect DI piece of furniture, put some spray paint on it and -- Voila! a new adorable creation takes shape, with that cute shabby chic look. Well, that's what I was envisioning. But I first held the can too close. Then it dripped everywhere so I took a paper towel and tried to wipe it off. So then it got paper towel bits in it. And... you get the picture? I guess those people with cool blogs about their remakes need post instructions for those of us less talented who want to give it a try! I'll sand it down and see if I can salvage it, for the $8 I paid at the thrift store, it's worth at least one more try, no??
-- My sis-in-law mopped my kitchen floor for me!! Anyone who has read more than a few posts recently knows how big a job it is for me to mop that floor, especially with the pukiness going on, eh? Well, my very sweet Dalana sensed my need and came to my rescue on a nauseating morning. And it looked soooo gorgeous and felt soooo good and clean under my feet. Sending a shout out to her for a VERY much appreciated gesture of kindness.
-- I cooked a ham for Easter. And it really was just delicious. We had everyone over from the Bishop side around here. Everyone brought yummy eats to share for our meal, and we had quite the feast! I mention the ham, because I think it's only the second ham I've ever cooked. Just not a ham cooker, I guess? But I was very proud of myself that it didn't get too dry or something.
-- We got a big-girl bed for Samantha, and moved Spencer into his own big-boy toddler bed. I'm ashamed to say, Sam was still in a tiny little toddler bed, up until last week. I know, I know! I was wondering why we didn't just get a twin from the beginning. Well, she survived, and is now sleeping happily in her new twin bed (pics coming in some future post, I hope). And the best part is how excited Spencer is to inherit the toddler bed! We thought we might have trouble getting him to stay in, but no way! He LOVES his new bed, naps in it just fine, and is very excited to go to sleep in it each night. Good thing, too, because he fell out of his crib twice last week, and ended up with a nose bleed... guess it was time for the change, huh?
-- Samantha started a little ballet class. She's been begging for months, and I told her we'd do it after Christmas (she had to be at least 4 for this one). Then, I got pregnant, and couldn't face the idea of taking her each week (I know, I'm pathetic during those first months. Pathetic!) So, we waited till I started turning my corner. And now... she is in HEAVEN!! She practices her leaps and arabesques all day long. It's adorable. She even has a little recital coming up in May, with a costume and everything. This should be good entertainment!
-- Brian is... keeping busy. At this exact moment, he's at Wal-mart, picking out a present for his dad's birthday tomorrow. We're all having a big birthday dinner at his parents' house tomorrow, so a gift would be in order, eh? How's that for a "tidbit" you didn't know?
I'm signing out for tonight. Goodnight, blogging world. I hope I'll have more good stuff next time around. And more pics!
6 comments:
wow. a lot is going on. sorry you are still sick. that is the WORST. I know what you mean about cleaning while sick. when I was on bedrest someone came and cleaned my bathrooms, and I cried. You don't appreciate cleanliness until you live in filth for a bit. :)
Love all the fun little tidbits. Glad you are doing a bit better with your pregnancy!
YAY FOR YOU, Kam!! Thanks for up-dating us! It was fun to read all these little items and to hear about what's going on in the kids's lives. I'm going to print this off and take it over to Grandma Eva. I haven't told her yet about Sammie getting into that ballet class, and I know she'll be happy to hear all these fun little things. Good to hear from you this way, Babe!! Keep up the good work! :) Lots of Love, from Mom
We have lived in our house for six months now and our kitchen/dining floor has been mopped only three times. Once by Greg and twice by me. So it is when you're pregnant. I'm just glad I'm not the only one. Good luck!
Kam... You're PREGNANT?? WOW! Congrats my friend! I feel silly for not nowing, but I'm in the blogger world less than ever these days, which is funny because I have plenty of time to blog... just nothing to blog about. Congrats my cute friend. Hope its smooth sailing from here on out. Sure love ya!
Kam thanks for the ost! its so good to hear about what's going on seeing as how we don't get to see you and the fam very often. :-(
Lots of love from me to you,
(I think your just arriving in Hawaii now... or on the plane at least.
Wade -out.
Post a Comment